Author Topic: How are you setting up hundreds of channels in Vixen for the nodes?  (Read 1898 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
I have 5 strings of 40, one string of 20 and one string of 50 in my light show of various node types.  That is just over 800 rgb channels to add to my last year show.  Adding the channels is easy.  It is hard for me, going in and making them red green and blue one at a time.  Then I want to have the channel order change but moving 800 colors around is a pain.  What I want is them in natural order and then set to all red first then green and then blue last.  That way I can change the channel order on the fly in Vixen and make it easier in writing sequences.  I have tried using Ricks program.  It is good.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   I got it to make all the colors in my 810 channels but I still will have to manually move 800 channels around to make new channel orders.

How are you guys adding them to Vixen?  Have you figured out an easy way to do this?

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tng5737

Can't you use VSB - sort tab to put them into the order you need?

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
Can't you use VSB - sort tab to put them into the order you need?

I guess so but then are you not locked into the sort in the sequence?  I would like to be able to change back and fourth in the sequence.  Maybe I am looking at it wrong.  I was wanting a profile builder with the sort options built in it.

Ron

Yes I know you can make a profile from a sequence.
My 2010 Videos

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
OK.  I just did it with VSB and it has the drop down for the different orders I saved in the program.

So........................  What about the profile?  If I create a profile will the sort orders stay with it?

How are you adding your profile?  I know the profile is not needed but I like being able to see what I am creating in the adjustable preview window of the profile????????????

Ron

My 2010 Videos

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Hi Ron,

The VSB allows for many sort orders. Like I said in the PM, its an area that needs to be worked on.
Yes if you create a profile from the seq then sort order are in the profile.
As far as the preview you need to manually add that to the seq or profile inside of Vixen.

Everyone who has used the VSB (sorry I should of called it VCB Vixen Channel Builder)

I was thinking of a new sort method and I wanted everyones idea if it makes sense.

In VSB on the first screen. There is two text boxes one is SSC Group Name and the other is Object Name.

What I was thinking on the Sort/Save page to add a sort order by SSC group sort with all the same colors in order (red, green, blue) and a second option of SSC Group and Object name sort with all the same colors in order (red, green, blue)

Does that makes sense or did I loose it again?

Thanks

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
Would you be able to make the groups different sizes?  What if my controllers have different numbers of nodes on them?

5 with 40
1 with 20
1 with 50.

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Yes you can do that right now.

You do the first 5 ssc at 40 nodes set object name and start channel then click on create then you just change the ssc qty and node qty and start channel object name if needed and click on create, repeat for 1 with 50

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tng5737

Not to turn this thread into a discussion on VSB, but I would like to see the option of adding White into the color mix  or better yet put a 'list' where you could select the colors for 1st,2nd,3rd, and 4th.
Just an FYI, I used VSB to build my channels and had problems with the pgm crashing when I went over 4096 for the second pixelnet universe.  I got around it by doing the first 4095 and then a second time with 4097 and greater and manually merged the two lists together.

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
IT worked!!!  I set different orders and then made a profile.  Then created a sequence with the new profile and the different orders were in it.  YEA  >.d9

I know you other guys knew how to do this already but I did not.  I am excited.

Thank you so much!

Now... if the controllers could be set up with different number of nodes in the program, then it would be perfect!

Or can it do this and I do not know how?

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
Yes you can do that right now.

You do the first 5 ssc at 40 nodes set object name and start channel then click on create then you just change the ssc qty and node qty and start channel object name if needed and click on create, repeat for 1 with 50

Rick R.

I am on it.

My Hero!!!!!!!!!

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
I'll be damned.  It worked just like I wanted it to be set up.  I was even able to give the different sets different names.  Like the 5X40 are rectangles and the 1X20 is square etc.  Man I feel dumb like Dorothy did in the "Wizard Of Oz".  She had the power all along and did not know it.   LOL!!!

Thank You Rick.  I really mean it!

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
Hi Ron,

The VSB allows for many sort orders. Like I said in the PM, its an area that needs to be worked on.
Yes if you create a profile from the seq then sort order are in the profile.
As far as the preview you need to manually add that to the seq or profile inside of Vixen.

Everyone who has used the VSB (sorry I should of called it VCB Vixen Channel Builder)

I was thinking of a new sort method and I wanted everyones idea if it makes sense.

In VSB on the first screen. There is two text boxes one is SSC Group Name and the other is Object Name.

What I was thinking on the Sort/Save page to add a sort order by SSC group sort with all the same colors in order (red, green, blue) and a second option of SSC Group and Object name sort with all the same colors in order (red, green, blue)

Does that makes sense or did I loose it again?

Thanks

Rick R.

Rick,  Now that I have figured out how to use your VSB, I understand your question more now.  Yes I think it would be helpful to have group sort by color as an option.  That way like for me with 3 different areas of lights, Example: I could have it display the color sort for just the area I was working on instead of all the reds, greens and blues  from all groups.

Thank You

Ron
My 2010 Videos