Author Topic: vixen pixel net issue  (Read 1490 times)

Offline ratroder

vixen pixel net issue
« on: June 20, 2011, »
I am new with using vixen this year; I used to and probably will still use to a point lor. When I got to play a sequence (test to play around with the ss) the lights wont follow the sequence or will be very delayed. if the sequence is just a sold on (red module one or something alike) the lights wont light until I stop the sequence. if i set up something like a chase sequence of like (r,g,b module one) (r,g,b, module two) (r,g,b module three) (r,g,b, module one and four) and so on the lights will light very delayed or some times not at all. but oddly enough if i create a random (completely random) the lights light fine.

I am currently running one ssc with 19 rectangular modules connected to it. I am using the usb dongle flashed with the pixel net firmware.

thanks,
steve

Offline JDM1oc

vixen pixel net issue
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, »
I've noticed the same thing with vixen and the SS nodes as well and have been able to duplicate it on two different PCs. LSP does something similar but not all the time. It is odd that the random works perfectly.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: vixen pixel net issue
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, »
Can you post your sequence and profile if using one. I would like to see it. I have been running a repeating seq with no delays. I don't have the modules but the String Nodes.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rm357

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, »
Be sure to disable the visualizer when you turn on the dmx or pixelnet output plugin.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline ratroder

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, »
which sequence do you want to see, the random one or one containing just on patterns?