Author Topic: All on  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
All on
« on: June 20, 2011, »
I have connected an Aether to the DMX out of the smart string hub.  When I power off the hub and leave the Aether on, the Aether flood goes all white.  If I power the hub back on, the Aether turns off.  I am able to successfully control the Aether just fine using LSP test hardware window.  Any ideas why the flood would turn off when the hub is powered down?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: All on
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, »
The pic in the Aether is not seeing any data so it goes in safe mode turning itself off.

If you just want it powered on white then there should be a switch for that (going by memory since I don't have one)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, »
That I understand and would expect.  What I am seeing is different.  The Aether goes ON when the hub is powered OFF. 

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, »
since this seems to be happening on your SS's and DMX stuff, i'd check the cable from the dongle to the hub. it's acting like data+ and data- got turned around.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, »
It is hard to say what the processor and / or RS485 will send on the DMX output as it is losing power.  I don't believe that the Aether has any "safe mode"  and will simply stay at the last command it has received.  If the hub sends out a stream of ones as it is powering down the Aether will interprete that as all on and will do exactly as you saw, light up white.  When you power the hub back up it will begin transmitting all zero's on the DMX output until it gets a valid pixelnet input and the Aether will see that as all off and shut off, again as expected.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, »
tbone321, that is exactly what I think is happening.  If I power the hub back on, the Aether turns off.  Turn the hub off, the Aether turns back on.  It guess that is okay as long as the hub stays on.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: All on [Fixed]
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, »
Fixed.  The Aether DMX Terminate wasn't set.  Setting this fixed the problem.  Power off the hub not keeps the Aether powered off.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, »
The terminate resistor will pull the signal down faster and possibly eliminate false 1's
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving