Author Topic: Smart string channel transition from one SSC to 2nd SSC  (Read 1156 times)

Offline skulldan

OK...
First I will try to explain my setup then I'll explain my issue.
I have two SSC driving strings of nodes.  one has 120 nodes the 2nd has 105 nodes.
I am running them end to end to make one long string of 225 nodes.

When I program the channels onto the nodes 1 am starting with channel 1 and going to channel 315 for the 105 node string then continuing with 316 and going to 675 for the 120 node string.

I have a simple sequence set up in vixen that starts with node 1 turning red then node 2 turns red and 1 turns green. this progresses so that each node cycles red green blue white while the one behind it is one "step" behind.

my issue is...
when the sequence transitions from string 1 (with 105 nodes) to string 2 (with 120 nodes) the progression brakes and it doesn't follow sequence.  It seems as if the 2nd string is a few channels  behind. 

I first thought that my sequence was messed up but it doesn't appear to be.
And I have switched the order of channels end for end (120 node string starting channel 1 and 105 node string starting channel 361) and the progression brakes when it switches strings (but this time at channel 360-361 not 315-316 as it was with the 105 node string first)
I have also run one forward config one backwards (same result) and both backwards (same result)

I have also programmed both strings to start channel 1 and that works also so I don't think there is a bad node in either of the strings.

If I overlap the channel programming by one node (first string ending channel 315 2nd starting 313) the progression works.

I am baffled.    I hope it is something simple and I am overlooking something easy or I am having a bonehead moment.

my sequence is would be attached but cant upload .vix file extension  <fp.
Dan

building my collection of blinkys

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Is the node count off on the backwards string? this will do it. If you have 105 and you tell it 104 then the firmware will be off. Just the first thing I can think of.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline skulldan

Unfortunately not that easy. I am 100% certain that the node counts are accurate.
Dan

Offline RJ

• Administrator
I will have to try to reproduce when i get back home next week.

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

my sequence is would be attached but cant upload .vix file extension  <fp.

Change the extension to .txt or zip the file

I don' t have any lights at work but I did go over your setup logic and it all looks good to me

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline skulldan

Quick update...
With the change in vixen plugin and Smart String Utility all appears to be functioning as expected !!

Thanks again RJ for a stellar product and all of you hard work  <res.
Dan