Author Topic: PixalNet and LE's  (Read 908 times)

Offline batdive

PixalNet and LE's
« on: June 24, 2011, »
RJ,

Not sure if this is better in this forum or the LE forum.  So move it as you need.

As I am setting up and planning our neighborhood 2011 Light shows for Halloween /Christmas I came with one hiccup in my plans.

With PN you set two things the PN Universe and the DMX Universe. 

I am planning on using 1 or 2 PN universe but at least 2 DMX Universes. 

My question is PN Universe uses 4096 and if I use two DMX universes I would need 1-512 DMX channels which is the easy part.

But if I use the 2nd DMX universe 513-1024 how do I set up LE's to use a channel above 512?  The on board wont let you go above 512 and I looked again at the config utility and it also only goes to 512.

2ndary question can you use 1 PN and have 2 DMX universes break out of it?  IE you have 1 Pixalnel Universe but utilizing two hubs for that set of 4096 channels.  1 PN Hub breaks out DMX Uni 1 and the other DMX Uni 2?

Any help would be appreciated.

-JS

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: PixalNet and LE's
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, »
Second question first. Yes you can use two hubs to get two dmx universes from one pixelnet universe.

There is no dmx channel 513.

If you set the dmx universe to postion #2 the first channel out of it is dmx channel #1 on your express.

In your software this is controlled by channel #513.

Does that make sense?

RJ

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline batdive

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, »
Cool on the second part that actually makes it easier for the multi-verse type set up.  Although I bet with all these RGB chs I will end up with at least 2 PN universes.

Ok so esstentially LE's are always 1-512 and dont see the "universe" but the software does.  So my LEs on uni 2 would be software 513-1024 but hardware 1-512.

Think I got it and thanks for the answers.

-JS

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, »
you got it  :D
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!