Author Topic: loading vixen help?  (Read 2575 times)

Offline shaunkad

loading vixen help?
« on: June 30, 2011, »
I am asking here because I don't want to create another profile. I do not have home internet access. So I saved vixen on a flash drive and want to load it to my show computer. However it does not auto start so what file do I need from the drive to load vixen. I have already messed up 1 of my 3 computers. I tried to make sure I had net 2.0 it asked if I wanted to repair it I said yes it said restart I said yes now it says NO OPPERATING SYSTEM FOUND. 1 down 2 to go. 

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: loading vixen help?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, »
I'll try :)

First make sure you are getting the full .net framework from Microsoft and not the dotnet installer which needs the internet to download and install everything. Search MS for the complete installer for computers without internet access.

Once that is installed then extract the Vixen 2.1.1.0 zip file in to a folder of your choice. Then make sure you are running the vixen.exe from that folder. I normally create a shortcut to it on my desktop or start menu.

Vixen needs the following: (copied from their wiki)
Minimum System Requirements
Processor - 486 or greater
Memory - 128MB or greater
Hard Drive - 2GB or greater
OS - Windows 98 or newer with the Microsoft 2.0 .net framework installed

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, »
Thank you Rick I will try this later. Theses are embeded machine computers that my work did not want or need any longer. In fact they almost paid me to get rid of them. They come with an 80gb drive but there are no slots for upgrades every thing must be done thru usb they are internt ready and come with an old xp operating system.     

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, »
 Walking away has helped all 3 work again and I need to find .net 2 I have .net 1.1. Now that should be easy famous last words. Then I can try Vixen again.  Will vixen run on higher ,net framworks than .net 2

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, »
Yes it will work, if you follow the link below it will take you to a page that has .net 4. About 1/3 or less the way down on the left side you will see a button that says:
.NET Framework 4
right below it is the download button download & install then download Vixen
Mike

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
Microsoft .NET and support file links
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, »
Microsoft Downloads    Effective: June 30, 2011

Microsoft .NET Framework 4

--System Requirements:

-Supported Operating Systems:  Windows 7; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP 
-Supported Architectures:  x86, x64, ia64 (some some features are not supported on ia64 for example, WPF) 
-RAM:  96 MB (minimum); 256 MB (recommended) 
-Minimum Disc Space:  x86 – 850 MB, x64 – 2 GB 
-CD or DVD Drive  Not required 
-Display  800 x 600, 256 colors (minimum); 1024 x 768 high color, 32-bit (recommended) 

Important: If you have installed earlier pre-release versions of .NET Framework 4, then you must uninstall them prior to running this installation by using Add or Remove Programs.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

System requirements:

Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
-Processor: 400 MHz Pentium processor or equivalent (Minimum); 1GHz Pentium processor or equivalent (Recommended)
-RAM:96 MB (Minimum); 256 MB (Recommended)
-Hard Disk: Up to 500 MB of available space may be required
-CD or DVD Drive: Not required
-Display: 800 x 600, 256 colors (Minimum); 1024 x 768 high color, 32-bit (Recommended)

-=-=-=-=-=-

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)

System requirements:
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows ME, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Service Pack 2

-Required Software:
--Windows Installer 3.0 (except for Windows 98/ME, which require Windows Installer 2.0 or later). Windows Installer 3.1 or later is recommended.

((Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2)  for WIN98 /ME You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  ))

--IE 5.01 or later: You must also be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later for all installations of the .NET Framework.
-Disk Space Requirements: 280 MB (x86), 610 MB (x64)

-=-=-=-=-=-

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (x86)

Overview
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 provides cumulative roll-up updates for customer reported issues found after the release of Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. In addition, this release provides security improvements, and prerequisite feature support for .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1, and .NET Framework 3.5.

System requirements:

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Service Pack 2
-Software: On Windows Server 2000 SP4, install KB 835732 before installing .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1.
-Processor: 400 MHz Pentium processor or equivalent (Minimum); 1GHz Pentium processor or equivalent (Recommended)
-RAM:96 MB (Minimum); 256 MB (Recommended)
-Hard Disk: Up to 500 MB of available space may be required
-CD or DVD Drive: Not required
-Display: 800 x 600, 256 colors (Minimum); 1024 x 768 high color, 32-bit (Recommended)

-=-=-=-=-=-

SUPPLEMENTAL DOWNLOADS:

Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1   (Loader)
Note: Internet Explorer 6 SP1 is included with Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1). If Windows XP SP1 is installed on your computer, you do not need to download and install Internet Explorer 6 SP1.
(Full installs of IE6 can be found on older Norton Anti-Virus CD’s and on MSDN)

IE7:  IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

IE8: IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe

XPSP2:  WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe
(Note: XPSP1 does NOT have to be installed before XPSP2)

XPSP3:  WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe

=========
Hope this helps!

:) joe
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)