Author Topic: Smart String Controller Ceramic Capacitor Value  (Read 867 times)

Offline mokeefe

I don't think I saw this mentioned anywhere yet, so I'll ask.  I just broke out my recent Smart String Controller and Hub Coop shipment and started building.  On the small Smart String Controller board the manual and board both describe the single ceramic capacitor as a 10uF value.  The bag of blue caps that came with my order all have a value stamped on then of "475" which translates to 4.7uF.  Is this an issue? How critical is this value? I see the Mouser BOM in the wiki calls for the 4.7uF cap, not the 10uF.  Just want to make sure before I solder up a bunch of these boards.  Thanks.

-Mike

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Smart String Controller Ceramic Capacitor Value
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, »
4.7 is correct. I failed to change it on the pcb and manual.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, »
Great.  I was kind of assuming that but just wanted to make sure. Time to generate some more solder fumes.

-Mike

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, »
Been doing the same today built a hub and 16 SSC's I need for our show why I wait for pcb's on other new projects.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline caretaker

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, »
Just finished my hub and 16 SS controllers and I am in the process of testing them all. So far everything is OK with the exception of one string of pixels that has a short about half way through (works depending on how the cord is laid out).

UPDATE:  All SS controllers work and the hub is 100% but I have 4 - 75 count LED node strings that are defective so now I have to get in contact with Ray. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, by caretaker »
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login