Author Topic: Can we play 2 sequences simultaneously?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline mimiyum

Can we play 2 sequences simultaneously?
« on: July 03, 2011, »
Can we play 2 sequences simultaneously?...or 2 vixen programs at the same time?

I have many groups of lights and would like to program them separately in two different sequences. For example,
     light groups 1-5 have one sequence
     light groups 6-10 another sequence

It might be confusing to program using just one sequence. The idea is just to make it simpler to program the sequences.

Another thought is that since they have different channel numbers, can we MERGE two sequences? Meaning I first prepare the 2 separate sequences and when finished, MERGE them so that I get the 2 sequences in one.

Offline tng5737

Re: Can we play 2 sequences simultaneously?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, »
Are you trying to program two different musical selections?   If you ran two Vixens they wouldn't be in sync with each other.  If pgm'g to the same musical selection - them simply seq chans 1-5 first and after you are done - go back and do 6-10  It is much simpler that way

Offline batdive

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can we play 2 sequences simultaneously?...or 2 vixen programs at the same time?

I have many groups of lights and would like to program them separately in two different sequences. For example,
     light groups 1-5 have one sequence
     light groups 6-10 another sequence

It might be confusing to program using just one sequence. The idea is just to make it simpler to program the sequences.

Another thought is that since they have different channel numbers, can we MERGE two sequences? Meaning I first prepare the 2 separate sequences and when finished, MERGE them so that I get the 2 sequences in one.

Dont think it will do 2 at the same time.

I program on one sequence with 512 chs and do a profile/label the channels so I know what is what.

If it is easier for you two program the chs separately then yes you can do that and when you are ready to "merge" them you would highlight the whole are you want and right click and hit copy then open up the other sequence select the top left corner of where you want the sequence to go and right click and hit paste.

Hope that helps.

-JS

Offline mimiyum

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, »
Thanks for your advise.

Yes, I'm using same music for both groups.

I was just thinking there might be some other simpler technique. I will do just that...program channels 1-512 (groups 1-5) and then program channels 513-1024 (groups 6-10) in another sequence and then "merge" or copy and paste it on to the final sequence.

Thanks again!

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, »
I've overheard something about a sync feature in vixen ... not should it would apply to this situation or not.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mimiyum

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, »
I've overheard something about a sync feature in vixen ... not should it would apply to this situation or not.

Oooh! This sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!