Author Topic: Happy 4th  (Read 921 times)

Offline cardoc13

• Leturno's Light Show
Happy 4th
« on: July 04, 2011, »
wishing everyone a safe & happy 4Th

from the Leturno family in Illinois

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: Happy 4th
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, »
Happy 4th of July everyone !

Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, »
Happy 4th from Texas. It is so HOT here and dry that they have ban the sale of fireworks. We don't have to POP fireworks  <md.. here they go off by themselves from the heat.  :)  We have had multiple consecutive 105+ deg days. Expecting another hot one today.

Anyway, Happy 4th to everyone and the Greatest Country in the world.

GOD Bless the USA!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a safe and cool one  8),

Greg

Offline caretaker

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, »
Happy Forth of July to Everyone at DLA!

And to those of you suffering in the oppressive heat (we had a 100 degree day Saturday here in S.E. Michigan) may some cooling winds blow your way!
Jeff Squires

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, »
Happy 4th To everyone!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline tng5737

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, »
I hope every ones' day is going better than mine - woke up to find out the frig had quit!  I had to toss all the meat and home-made potatoe salad! 
Happy Fourth, Everyone!

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, »
235 years and counting!!!   Happy Independence Day!!!

Ribs, smoker, ice cold beverages, hot summer temperatures -- it's what I live for!!!   :)

(My 'fridge passed away last week, Lowe's (and my favorite appliance salesman) to the rescue!!  Didn't have to toss potato salad though, that would've really freaked me out!!  :)  )

I hope everyone has a perfect day!!!

:) joe

"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, »
I saw the fireworks in Boston yesterday.  And I thought syncing lights to music was a challenge.  They did an amazing job syncing the *sounds* of the shells detonating to the music.
/mike

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, »
I saw the fireworks in Boston yesterday.  And I thought syncing lights to music was a challenge.  They did an amazing job syncing the *sounds* of the shells detonating to the music.
/mike
I saw a program about how Disney does that with their shows. They use sequences very similar to what we use for lights, but the fireworks they buy have very precise fuses and these times are entered into the software so they are shot off just right. They know exactly how many seconds and shoot them off precisely so they explode in time to the music. Disney also uses air cannons to launch them, to get the exact height they want. It was pretty interesting.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login This one shows Disneyland and touches on the sequencer, and they don't talk about the air cannons, but you see them testing them on one of the scenes.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login This one shows some of Disneyworld and has a part about how the shells are made and the new microchip igniters they are using.

I can't find the one I saw that really went into the sequencing aspect of it though, will have to keep looking around.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL