Author Topic: LSP And Matrix Set up with PixelNet any luck?  (Read 3408 times)

Offline batdive

Ok I have been trying to use LSP 1.8 to do some further testing on my Pixelnet rigid..etc.

But seems to crash/lock up/not work when you go to play the sequence.

Any one else had better luck?  I can do the Rt click / Test Controller and it works if i do the individual pixels, but when I go to play any transition or home made matrix animation nothing comes through.

I did get the newer PixelNet plug in from David but I still have seen no luck.

Anyone have any better luck and if so how =)

-JS

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: LSP And Matrix Set up with PixelNet any luck?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, »
Myself and others are having the same issue.  I would avoid the frustration and wait until a new update is available that corrects the issue. 

Offline Corey872

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, »
Same thing here - even a short sequence just turns on a few LED's - usually in the wrong color, then locks up at the dongle, locks up LSP, and even the COM port in most cases.  I was reading a post earlier suggesting work on 1.8 has basically been abandoned in favor of focusing efforts on 2.0.  Hopefully it will be much better in the communication respect.

Also happened to see some posts on LSP forums mentioning free upgrades for 1 year after purchase, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on 1.8 to get started withe the learning curve and get some test sequences started as I understand they should be fully importable into 2.0.

Offline batdive

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, »
Well glad to hear (I guess you would say that) that I am not the only ones having an issue.  I thought the newer plugin I got was the "fix" and it did nothing that I can tell.

Sigh,

-JS

PS: Glad RJ is on the Beta Team for 2.0 so he can give direct input and make sure SS's work as they should, since LSP seems the only thing right now that is viable with higher channel counts.

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, »
The newest LSP Pixelnet plug-in did fix the memory leak issue, but did not address the com problems. The problems described above are right on target. I have sent another very simple sequence to LSP for evaluation on the com port problems.  Even with the simplest sequence the dongle communication led blinks like crazy, but nothing happens or the lights lockup very quickly. I am waiting on an answer from LSP. I know they are concentrating on 2.0. Hope it comes out fast. I do not want to re-sequence just to use pixelnet stuff at least this year. If I get feedback I'll let everyone know.

Greg

Offline batdive

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, »
Appreciate it Greg,

Wish there was a post in their forums documenting they know of the problem.  I didnt know it was wide spread until the replies from here.

-JS

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, »
If I only program 1 string of 90 lights (270 chan) the old plug in works for a very brief time (sort of).  If I put many more in then it turns out like previously described above.  Instant lock up and pixels that light up in the wrong places with the wrong colors.  Curiously though I have noticed that as soon as I turn the output on the green light on the dongle goes almost solid on even without the sequence playing.  Not sure whats up with that or if that is intended operation (or just something goofy with my setups).  There does seem to be a pretty steep learning curve with this software, but some of the stuff it can do is unmatched that I have found anyway.  Hopefully 2.0 is game changer as promised with regards to reliability and bug fixes!  I think David said they were very tentatively aiming for late July release last I heard.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If I only program 1 string of 90 lights (270 chan) the old plug in works for a very brief time (sort of).  If I put many more in then it turns out like previously described above.  Instant lock up and pixels that light up in the wrong places with the wrong colors.  Curiously though I have noticed that as soon as I turn the output on the green light on the dongle goes almost solid on even without the sequence playing.  Not sure whats up with that or if that is intended operation (or just something goofy with my setups).  There does seem to be a pretty steep learning curve with this software, but some of the stuff it can do is unmatched that I have found anyway.  Hopefully 2.0 is game changer as promised with regards to reliability and bug fixes!  I think David said they were very tentatively aiming for late July release last I heard.

Hi

Just for info, How did you configure the SSC?
Individual, String, Hybrid mode

Thanks

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, »
Individual is how I have them set up.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, »
Sent a PM to David about the getting the updated Pixelnet plugin or should I just wait till 2.0 and he said he was working on an updated plugin that he would send when it is working.  So I guess it will be ready when it's ready....
Jeff Squires

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, »
Your going to have to wait for 2.0 ...
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline batdive

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, »
Sent a PM to David about the getting the updated Pixelnet plugin or should I just wait till 2.0 and he said he was working on an updated plugin that he would send when it is working.  So I guess it will be ready when it's ready....

I have the updated PixelNet plugin from David it fixes nothing.  So unfortunately you have to wait for 2.0 or if you are over your year complain (since the feature was brought out in 1.8 ) and hopefully they will fix it in 1.8 or give you a break (or free upgrade ) to 2.0.

Hope that helps,

-JS
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, by batdive »

Offline dmoore

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, »
So unfortunately you have to wait for 2.0 or if you are over your year complain (since the feature was brought out in 1.8) and hopefully they will fix it in 1.8 or give you a break (or free upgrade ) to 2.0.

-JS

When LSP 1.8 was released, in mid-year 2010, there was no Pixelnet support.  If I recall correctly, it wasn't added until Q1 of 2011.  As mentioned before, RJ is on the LSP beta team.

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, »
The new pixelnet plugin is available on LSP website now FYI.  It is much better, but stil not 100% as previously stated.

Edit:  I guess there is an entire thread on it already!  Guess I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, by TAdamsOK »

Offline batdive

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, »
The new pixelnet plugin is available on LSP website now FYI.  It is much better, but stil not 100% as previously stated.

Edit:  I guess there is an entire thread on it already!  Guess I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

Thanks for the laugh needed that today =)

-JS