Author Topic: Wireless & wired mix  (Read 1258 times)

Offline kevr

• Little Gem Lights
Wireless & wired mix
« on: July 07, 2011, »
I am putting together hardware for this years show and am a bit unsure of the easiest option to run both wired and wireless on the same universe.

I am mainly running low voltage LED here in New Zealand with some 240v rope light, I will be using my original Express, 3 MR16's, a Lynx Freestyle and a Tiger48

The Freestyle mounted in my garage with cat5 cabled to a box out in the yard with 6 sockets one is dmx out from the Freestyle to the Tiger, the MR16's and the Express will be run wireless.

From the wireless diagrams I have found I noted that none showed both wired and wireless out of 1 dongle, is this possible or do I need to use 2 dongles? Can I have PC - dongle - Lynx splitter - TX.
Grandad get the lights ready

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: Wireless & wired mix
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, »
Greetings,,,

Yes, that would work.  You can have a wireless transmitter anywhere along a DMX stream.  It's just impossible to have every possible combination on the diagrams.  Everyone has a little bit different situation at their location.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline kevr

• Little Gem Lights
Re: Wireless & wired mix
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, »
Thanks Kieth, I will have to keep an eye out for a couple of splitter PCB's I just missed out on the Coop unfortunately.

Kev :-)
Grandad get the lights ready