Author Topic: Smart String Connector Alternatives  (Read 1469 times)

Offline lboucher

• Boucher Family Lights
Smart String Connector Alternatives
« on: July 12, 2011, »
Hi All

Finally looking to purchase some smart strings.
Not a lot, just 5 strands. (Even that is pretty expensive for me.)
I wanted to grab some of the connectors but the shipping is just ridiculous for 1 or 2 lots.
Has anyone found a good stateside alternative??

Thanks
Boucher Family Lights
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: Smart String Connector Alternatives
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, »
There was a member selling some in smaller quantities recently ... like in 10 or 12 packs.  The shipping cost was still fairly high, but less than ordering from Ray.

I'd personally like to explore doing a connector coop possibly, since the shipping is so insane on these. 

I've also wondering if the 4 pin would be an option, since they would still work for 3 pins, but would also work with my non-SS RGB items, which are typically 4 wire ... and cost is the same.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, »
If you ask Ray to give you a freight quote, you will get a better price. I just bought some more nodes and connectors and he combined the 2 items and saved me a lot of freight.
He is very responsive.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, »
I ordered 100 and only need 50 (20 all ready gone) - If anyone is looking for them.  Make it easy $1 each - Shipping $3 (First Class Mail with Tracking) up to 5 and $5 for 5 to 30 via USPS Priority Mail.  Included PayPal Fees and all.

Harrison

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, »
I'd probably be in for a bundle or two of the 4-pin, maybe even 5-pin (alarm/security jumper).

:) joe

There was a member selling some in smaller quantities recently ... like in 10 or 12 packs.  The shipping cost was still fairly high, but less than ordering from Ray.

I'd personally like to explore doing a connector coop possibly, since the shipping is so insane on these. 

I've also wondering if the 4 pin would be an option, since they would still work for 3 pins, but would also work with my non-SS RGB items, which are typically 4 wire ... and cost is the same.
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, »

I ordered 100 count lot, took out what I needed, and split the rest into packs of 16. (16 fit into a small flat rate USPS for $5)
It cost about $120 for 100 count shipped. Sorry don't have any more left though.
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, »
PM Sent

Offline steve_hirst

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, »
PM Sent

+1

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, »
I am out of all my extra - even went into my small stash.  I am placing another order with Ray in the next few weeks and will pick up another 100 if anyone needs a small amount - let me know and I can add you to the wait list. The killer park is shipping from China but order enough and quantity it can help knock it down so don't mind passing it along.

Harrison