Author Topic: Connecting HUBs  (Read 757 times)

Offline z327

• my personal Christmas lighting web site
Connecting HUBs
« on: July 12, 2011, »
Do I connect from the pixelnet out to pixelnet in when going from one hub to another? Or do I go from any HUB SSC out to the second HUB. I am a little slow on this stuff.

Should the second HUB be set to a different pixelnet universe? or the same universe if I'm not exceeding 4096 nodes?

I have one HUB working and all the SSC's ID'd correctly and addressable by Vixen. I need to move to a second HUB for Power reasons.

I've been thru every post in the SMART String and the WIKI, but just not clear on how to put it all together.
80 Channels LOR, 112 Channels Lynx Express
16 Channels MR16 with 5 Mighty Mini's
2 SmartString HUBs
LedTriks
5,000 LEDs lights, 50,000 incandescent lights, 3,600 RGBs
30 Strobes
15 Snow Lights

Offline tbone321

Re: Connecting HUBs
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, »
You go from the pixelnet out of one hub to the pixelnet in of the next one.  Connecting to a SSC out to the next hub could damage the hub.  If you are only sending out 1 pixelnet universe (1 smartstring dongle) then all of the hubs must be on the same universe and that would be universe 1.  The hubs just distribute the pixelnet signal unaltered on all ports and connecting multiple hubs just increases the number of distribution points.  Moving the SSC's from one port to another or even to another hub on the same universe does not affect the channel the SSC is programed to work with as long as they are on the same universe.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving