Author Topic: SSC ICSP hat  (Read 943 times)

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
SSC ICSP hat
« on: July 16, 2011, »
My SSC’s need a hat for the ICSP.  Not so much to keep their ears warm, but to prevent the pins from bending and shorting once inside the PVC.  Most of our SSC's have both wires exiting out the same PVC cap end.

I was thinking of these header sockets, might work nice after cutting off the PCB tabs:  Mouser: 517-974-01-06-RK  (Headers & Wire Housings 6P 1ROW STRT SOCKET) 

Link:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Whatcha think?

:) joe
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline tng5737

Re: SSC ICSP hat
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, »
All of my SSCs have only one wire coming out each end!  With the way the red,green, and blue line route thru the bottom of the pcb andy excess wire folds neatly under the pcb - nowhere near the ICSP pins.

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, »
Hi  tng5737!

Welp, mine are a wee bit different - both cables run behind the PCB and out the same end cap.

A picture is worth a bazillion more words than I can babble...

(Edit:  Now I'm thinking right angle headers on the bottom (foil side, non-component side) for both the ICSP and Program jumper might do the trick!)

:) joe
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, by JoeFromOzarks »
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline tng5737

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, »
Ah!  I see, the cable tie is so close to the pcb that the ICSP pins are probably hitting the curved part of the cap!  Looks like right-angle header would work

Offline rm357

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, »
I would put another zip tie on the wires inside sothat the board could not be pulled that deep into the cap. Might have to make the tube a little longer...

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA