Author Topic: Help with channel outputs  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
Help with channel outputs
« on: July 18, 2011, »
After about 3 hours of inputting the channels names and location in VIXEN, I realized that I forgot to add 4 extra channels. The problem is that those channels are in the middle of it all.  Let me see if I can explain it a little better...

I created a new profile.  I went in and set my channles for 1-4096 with my pixlenet plugin.  I then went into the edit a profile menu and started renaming all the channels.  I got all the way to Channel 187 and realized, oh crap, I forgot the 4 mini trees that should have been on channels 60, 61, 62 and 63.  because they come off of my Lynx Express number 4.  Without having to redo the naming and placing of channels 64-187 how can I just move all channels down 4 spots without havaing to rewrite everything and vixen wil recognize that mini trees on line 188, 189, 190 and 191 are for channels 60, 61, 62 and 6s etc. .  does that make sense? 

One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
Re: Help with channel outputs
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, »
You can put your trees on channels 188-191. You will have to change the output of those channels to channels 60-63. It will move all the other channels down. There is an icon on the profile manager for changing channel outputs. It is to the left of the list of profiles. It will not change the order that the channels are displayed on your screen. I don't have Vixen on my computer here at work, so I am hoping that my memory is correct.
Hope that helps.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
Re: Help with channel outputs
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, »
Have you looked at Rick's Vixen Sequence Builder?  It might allow you to make your profiles quicker depending on how you want your channels labeled.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login