Author Topic: EtherDongle with Toys  (Read 2430 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
EtherDongle with Toys
« on: July 19, 2011, »
A little video to let you folks see I am working!  <fp.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It will be ready to watch in about 20 minutes.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline tng5737

Re: EtherDongle with Toys
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, »
I didn't see any hub - are you driving the ssc right off of the dongle? 
It looks very good - thanks!

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, »
hehe

a daughter board (conductor?) is plugged into the expansion connection of the etherdongle that is covered up by the piece of paper - let the fun begin!!! :)

Exciting as always RJ

Thanks
Myk
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, by mykroft »

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, »
Next to be added.....   (dreaming here).......     a simple start command from your IPhone, Blackberry, IPAD  (pick your own poison)    to wirelessly start the show.   >:D

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, »
I didn't see any hub - are you driving the ssc right off of the dongle? 
It looks very good - thanks!

He used the 4 port passive hub to power the SSC along with sending the data

RJ, Very Cool

I can't wait to get a e-dongle

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, »
Does the etherdongle conductor also play the music, or will a computer still be required for that?
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline Newoddity

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, »
Outstanding!

I do ponder on how you are going to serve up the audio though. Will the Ethernet Dongle be able to stream the music to another peripheral to output?

Other than that... Has anywone seen my jaw? I think it's on the floor around here... 16k channels... per dongle... wow.
The 2393rd member of DLA!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, »
As Rick said the SSC is powered by the Passive 4 port hub I show in the video. The EtherDongle is outputting all data.

The First EtherDongle in your show will be outputting the Music also or that is the plan. I am working on that now. I had planned to have a seperate conductor play the music and send the commands and sync timings but as I moved along I believe it will be able to handle both with a little programming effort. The other units (if you need more than 16,384 channels or you need to spread your show across the street will not have the music as part of it.  You will simply plug your FM transmitter or amplified speakers into the first one in your show (call it the conductor) for your sound. and add more of them as you need more channels or more locations. The first etherdongle in your show (conductor), will be programmed with show times and which show to play along with the show data including music. It is very exciting where smart strings is headed. I wish I could tell more but best I do not.

RJ 

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
EtherDongle with Toys
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, »
It is very exciting where smart strings is headed. I wish I could tell more but best I do not.

RJ

That's ok with me - especially when the surprises are so OUTSTANDING!

Hats off again to RJ.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, »
Hat's off RJ!!!!

Harrison

Offline JerryPlak

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, »
 >.d9 >.d9 >.d9 what can I say  ;D  >.d9 >.d9
I am truly looking for this in my 2012 display set up!
Jerry Plak

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, »
 <pop..

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, »
As Rick said the SSC is powered by the Passive 4 port hub I show in the video. The EtherDongle is outputting all data.

The First EtherDongle in your show will be outputting the Music also or that is the plan. I am working on that now. I had planned to have a seperate conductor play the music and send the commands and sync timings but as I moved along I believe it will be able to handle both with a little programming effort. The other units (if you need more than 16,384 channels or you need to spread your show across the street will not have the music as part of it.  You will simply plug your FM transmitter or amplified speakers into the first one in your show (call it the conductor) for your sound. and add more of them as you need more channels or more locations. The first etherdongle in your show (conductor), will be programmed with show times and which show to play along with the show data including music. It is very exciting where smart strings is headed. I wish I could tell more but best I do not.

RJ

so assuming no major changes to this setup , what would one need to have this for next year?  or will it be available this year?  and this will also support your LE also? what wireless? how would that be setup?  I am taking the year off this year, and am just trying to put together a list of what i need to do this.

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, »
RJ:

This Conductor lives!

Great job.

Thanks for all your hard work.

\dmc

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, »
so assuming no major changes to this setup , what would one need to have this for next year?  or will it be available this year?  and this will also support your LE also? what wireless? how would that be setup?  I am taking the year off this year, and am just trying to put together a list of what i need to do this.

Ok,

Remember how everyone thought "why put an DMX out on the hub, we already have dongles for our dmx?"

Now it will make sense. You hook your LE's or any other DMX device to the Hubs DMX output. This would include your wireless DMX Transmitter if your using it. By having the hubs translate Pixelnet the EtherDongle plays the whole show not just pixels. You can run your DMX and Pixelnet stuff from this so it is all you need to run your equipment.

Now the DMX wireless is not the same as the etherdongle. It will use the same equipment with different firmware to allow you to put the etherdongle where you need them with just power needed. So say across the street for the other house?.

Now can you start to see why I said "Where were going we don't need to worry about roads"   ;D 
If you like this your going to love the next place we are going with smart strings. That is with a little help from some friends in the industry.

I'm sorry but I can never promise when I can deliver things. But you can bet if I am running one this year you guys will be for sure running them next year at the latest.   

RJ