Author Topic: DIY Lightning Controller  (Read 16412 times)

Offline caretaker

Re: DIY Lightning Controller
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ran a test of my thunder and lightining sequence and made some tweaks. It looks good but some of the lighting needs to be down lighting. All the lights shining up looked kind of strange, like a camp fire with flash powder being thrown on it. My Flip was not charged so video to follow.
If you think about it lightning actually is mostly down lighting with a bit of reflection. 
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, »
[url]If you think about it lightning actually is mostly down lighting with a bit of reflection.[url]

Nature of the beast I suppose.  I am optimistic that if one uses enough lumens it won't matter as much. 

Tried making some thunder and lightning sequences in vixen.  Boy it was easy with the waveform add in.  Decent results.  I am still gonna tinker cause I am the picky type.  Main issues stems from thunder track I found doesn't stop rumbling.  Less is more. 

After a bit of research I found the LE can do 4 amps per channel, so a 500W photo flood should be doable.  Also found that 500W photo floods are $2.50 so they are feasible to play with.  Saw a cool site for theatre lightning ideas I can't find again where someone wired a ceramic socket to a dollar store trash can for a fixture/reflector.  Definitely gonna try that. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, »
I know this thread is a little old, but wondered if anyone had video of their lightning effects.
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced