Author Topic: ECG-DR4 (EtherConGateway) and Smart Strings  (Read 2414 times)

Offline sielbear

Any reason the ECG-DR4 won't work with the smart string hub / sscs?  For the channel counts and assumption that it looks like I'll be needing multiple DMX universes, the ECG-DR4 looks to be a good solution until the new solution is available from RJ.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rob

Re: ECG-DR4 (EtherConGateway) and Smart Strings
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, »
I don't think it supports pixel net. just DMX or renard

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, »
I don't think it would work, since its output is DMX or Hyper-DMX protocol  from the DR4 vs. Pixelnet (on the smart strings).

You might be able to flash it to pixelnet someday, but I still don't know why you would do that instead if using
a cheaper Lynx dongle flashed with pixelnet (or ether dongle) and SS Hub.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rm357

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, »
Right now, there in no pixelnet firmware, which is a deal killer for me.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, »
Maybe I don't understand the ECG-DR4 well enough, but my understanding was that it was a solution to use E1.31 (ethernet) to carry 4 DMX universes (512 x 4) ... up to 4 HyperDMX universes into a TP3244 to get 16 DMX universes. 

But the Etherdongle (also E1.31) will get you double that (a 16k pixelnet quad-verse) and can go to many hubs and each hub can break you out a DMX512 universe if you want and a pixelnet universe.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline tng5737

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, »
The DR4 is simply an E1.31 to DMX bridge.  That is it simply allows dmx to go over ethernet.  In addition it also supports hyper-dmx when used with the TP3244.  However the TP3244 do not curently support the TM180x chip (and maybe never will).

Offline chrisl1976

• Lights on Sixth
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, »
  However the TP3244 do not curently support the TM180x chip (and maybe never will).

Actually, the firmware is written, just publicly not out there yet. If or when that happens is anyones guess. It does exist though.  It may be available if you ask....not sure.  There is a video on ACL of TM1804 running on the TP3244.
Chris

Offline tng5737

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, »
According to the author - "It is currently hardcoded for 100 tm1804 pixels on output 1."    What you saw in the video was for demo purposes only.
 The author hasn't logged onto that forum since Jun 1st.   I believe that he started an new job has been quite busy doing that!   You've gotta put food on the table before you can play!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, by tng5737 »