Author Topic: Mounting Aethers  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Mounting Aethers
« on: July 25, 2011, »
This year I want to hang my Aether under the eaves of the house.  The following photos show what I am planning.  I used a single conduit clamp and attached it to the house.  The design of the handle makes is easy to position and hangs easily in place.  To remove, I simply need to side it out from the clamp.  (The neighbors were a little concerned when a dragged out the ladder and started hanging lights in July.) 

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
Mounting Aethers
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, »
Very nice and simple. I love it.

Thanks for the tip.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline batdive

Re: Mounting Aethers
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, »
Ahh I wish during the halloween/xmas season my eaves were wooden for nice/simple applications like this, but I have stucco.  LOL.

One thing I noted on my installs from "top down" last year is the lack of light throw it provided if to close to the object it was on.  I found like a minimum of 2-3 feet for best coverage of the house.  I had to bungee secure one up to a limb of a tree myself  ;D

Nice idea/work though. 

-JS

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
Re: Mounting Aethers
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, »
That does seem to work well, but isn't a lot of the light "wasted" since it's not aiming directly at the house? It's a great way to keep them dry, though.

I have my Aethers sitting on the ground (we have more rain than snow where I live), and the one to light up my second floor living room window is mounted like this:

Gutter's support members -> Zip Ties -> 12" long 1x4 chunk of rood with 4 drilled holes sitting on top of gutter -> Zip Ties -> Aether
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login