Author Topic: Hanging of nodes on a megatree  (Read 1081 times)

Offline rm357

Hanging of nodes on a megatree
« on: July 26, 2011, »
I'm thinking through how to hang my nodes on the megatree. Since the wires between the nodes cannot support the full weight of the string, I'm thinking of attaching the nodes to black para-cord. If I just zip-tie the nodes flat against the para-cord, the weight of the node is going to pull the node inside the tree and the para-cord will block alot of the light from the closest strands on the tree to the viewer. Has anyone done some experimentation to find the best way to hang/support the nodes??

Thanks!
RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Hanging of nodes on a megatree
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, »
Thats how RJ did his megatree last year

Check out his videos to see how it looks

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, »
From one of the other sites - but this might be a solution....

would need to find something with smaller min qtys - but this could work...

Myk

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, »
I'm thinking through how to hang my nodes on the megatree. Since the wires between the nodes cannot support the full weight of the string, I'm thinking of attaching the nodes to black para-cord. If I just zip-tie the nodes flat against the para-cord, the weight of the node is going to pull the node inside the tree and the para-cord will block alot of the light from the closest strands on the tree to the viewer. Has anyone done some experimentation to find the best way to hang/support the nodes??

Thanks!
RM

Looking at RJ's video of his show walk through, it appears as his are hanging to the inside on the black para-cord like you said RM.
His show video looks fine to me, so maybe it doesn't have as much effect as you think?

By the way this is the way I was planning on doing mine too. I bought 1000 feet black para-cord for $40 shipped from amazon.com, current price is $47.49

-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login