Author Topic: adjustable preview question  (Read 1793 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
adjustable preview question
« on: August 02, 2011, »
2010 was my first year.  2011 I am adding and changing things.  I made a new profile and a new adjustable preview.  Adding all the dots to the preview is a pain and I took a few breaks last night.  I just about had it done about 9pm and decided to call it quits for the night.  Not sure exactly how to save it so I clicked save image and gave it a name.  I then closed the boxes and it asked "do you want to save your work" or something like that.  I said yes and it closed.  I made a new test sequence to test what I had so far.  It opened and the picture was the same I started with but it was bright and not turned dim like I had it during setup.  I only had about 1/2 of the stuff in the preview window.  So about 1 hour of work is gone.  I tried to reload the saved image but no change.

I turned the brightness down again on what I had so far and opened the sequence again and the picture was bright again.  I tried to turn down the brightness a couple more times but each time it would not stay.  The adjustable preview is checked.  I am not sure what happened.  I did not close vixen last night until I was done with the preview.

Do you need to save the preview each time you change it or does it just add to it and save it by its self.  I kkow if you change c olore or names of channels it just saves it automatically.   Any ideas on what I did to mess this up?  The best I can remember is when you change the brightness then close it should keep that setting.

The 2010 preview was done in one sitting.  It worked right from the start.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
Re: adjustable preview question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, »
Ron,
Are you sure you have the correct profile attached to the sequence? Did you make the changes to a different profile?
When changes are made to the adjustable preview, they become part of the profile.
Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong.

John

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, »
To the best of my knowledge I used the correct one.  What about if the original pictures were the same one with the same name.  "My House.jpg" was what they both profiles used?  I am about to reload the image and start over.  I will try once more to fix the first try before starting over.

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, »
Just now I tried again.  I have still lost about 50% of my dots but I used the slider to make it darker and it stayed this time.  I then added another part of the display and went back and it seems to be working right.  Maybe it was too many hours in front of the computer last night.

Thanks

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, »
I would go back to the sequence that was opened when you updated the preview and then create a profile from that particular sequence.   I believe that if the profile was attached to your sequence and you edit it the changes do not necessarily get save to the master profile that you originally attached to the sequence.  If you had no sequence open then all bets are off.  This is what I recall happens, but might be worth checking into.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, »
I think that may have been my problem.  I opened and closed a test sequence several times through out the updates of my preview.  I was checking to see what my preview was looking like.  I only had one test sequence created.  When I opened it some of my work was gone.  I bet you are not supposed to have a sequence open while you update the profile right?

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, »
I am not an expert on this.  If I had this problem / question I would go to doityourselfchristmas.com and post it the vixen forum.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA