Author Topic: Vixen 2.1.1.0 Issue  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
Vixen 2.1.1.0 Issue
« on: August 03, 2011, »
Running Vixen 2.1.1.0.  I have sequenced two songs, and am going to begin a third.  However, an issue has developed with Vixen that I cannot resolve.  When I play back my sequence using the adjustable preview, none of the functions will function in a timely manner.  If I try to minimize the adjustable preview screen, most of the time nothing happens and it just keeps playing.  Sometimes it will minimize 30 seconds or more after I clicked minimize.  The same goes for the F-key functions while the adjustable preview is up.  The song won't pause or stop when the appropriate F key is pressed.  Sometimes I have to let the song play out just to continue working on my sequence which is wasting a LOT of time.

Can Anyone Help Me???

Running a Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.
4 GB Ram.
Intel Core i3 CPU M33 2.13 GHz.
I have deleted vixen, and reinstalled.
I have run AVG anti virus program in normal and safe mode and found no issues.
I have microsoft.NET Framework 4 Client Profile; microsoft.NET Framework 2 Client Profile not compatable with 64 bit OS
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Vixen 2.1.1.0 Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, »
Make sure you do not have any other plugins checked so the previewer is the only thing requiring system time.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, »
What do you have the MS set to on the event timing period?  Last year I did sequences at 10 MS and I had a hard time stopping them.  Most of the time on a slower computer you just had to let it finish.  When I changed them to 50 MS they responded very quickly.

Open a sequence.  Click on the drop down "Sequence".  On the drop down choose settings.  The bottom box says event timing period.  What is it set to?

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, »
In adjustable preview do you have a picture loaded and if so how big?

While Vixen is running keep an eye on memory usage. (using task manager). Vixen is a memory intensive problem and if you have a lot of channels and a large preview you could be running into a problem there.

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, »
Adjustable Preview is the ONLY plugin checked.
Channels:  272.
"Event Period Length (ms)" 25
Adustable Preview Image Size:  60KB
Computer Performance while Playing Sequence:  CPU Usage 25-27%, Memory 1.75-1.77 GB of 4 GB.

Sometimes Vixen responds somewhat quickly, other times... 
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, »
I have similar issues with my laptop that I use for my display:

I think it's just that my laptop is on the older side and the CPU just can't keep up all the time.

Playing around with it a bit more since posting my question, what seems to work pretty good to stop a sequence in Windows XP is to click the Show Desktop icon in the Quick Launch bar to minimize Vixen, then Restore Vixen by clicking it on the Task Bar, and as it's restoring (animating the window title upwards) press the F8 key a bunch of times. That way, Vixen seems to recognize the Stop command right away.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, by Gary »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, »
If you are using pixelnet you need to be at 50ms and not 25ms

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, »
At the risk of sounding like a n00b, what is pixelnet?? 

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, »
Greetings,,,

Start here for Pixelnet info:

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, »
Just wanted to give an update....It seems the culprit was "WIRELESS INTERNET" as odd as it sounds. I just so happened had it turned off and vixen was running perfectly. I switched it on to look at the weather and vixen started to act up. Turned it back off Vixen loved me again. Not sure why it would do this but it did. I also tried it on my desktop with wired internet and it worked fine.  :o Still puzzled. Thanks everyone for your help!