Author Topic: flex vs rect wireing  (Read 827 times)

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
flex vs rect wireing
« on: August 04, 2011, »
my 1st order of flex strips - had no problem/questions with wire color at all they were

Red - Pos
Green - Neg
Blue - Data

and soldered the 3 wire pigtails according to manual

the 4 sets of rect modules i got yesteday are not wired the same, they are

Reg - Pos
Blue - Neg
Green Data

and without checking did the same, red to red, blue to blue, green to green etc on the 3 wire pigtail

I dont know if this batch was a mistake or what, but didnt notice it until I pluged them into a SSC and didnt work...

So warning for others and double check wire colors.....  :(

Myk

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: flex vs rect wireing
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, »
They are different, we have posted about it a number of times before. I tried to get them changed to all match but they would not do it. They told me they would but them did not.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: flex vs rect wireing
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, »
There are basically two different wiring schemes, depending on which SS items your using.

note: I think the wiki might still be incorrect on the wiring  ... at least for the flex strips and rigid.

I generalized my SSC(s) so that they are clearly marked as one of these two wiring types:

nodes, strips, rigid?
R  +
G  -
B  data

or

modules (rect, sq)
R  +
G  data
B  -        [ 4x5050 sq mods, unofficial SS item, are yellow wire instead of blue ]

I also found that if I tried to say mix rect modules and square modules, the RGB order is different,
so they show different colors ... so thats why I don't mix them on the same SSC anymore.  You
program the SSC to a certain SS type, and thats the ss type of items it should only contain.
Even though square and rect ss modules use same wiring, they have different rgb ordering and
same sequencing will produce different colors if put on same SSC, cause its only right for one or
the other.  Perhaps some software (LSP I think?) might be able to correct this to allow mixing on same ssc.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login