Author Topic: What length Smart String from the Vendor (as yet unnamed)  (Read 1202 times)

Offline JonB256

• My website
RJ, the sale of Smart Strings from a US vendor with a built in controller sounds great.

How would they handle shorter lengths? Would they cut the length (number of pixels) you need, then attach the controller? Or, would you cut off the pixels you don't need? or just leave them connected but dark and not addressed?

Offline tbone321

I would bet that they come in fixed lengths and if you want to modify them that would be up to you.  The issue would be that if you cut them you would viod any warranty that they might have.  If they have the same program capability that RJ's SSC's have, then you could just let the extra lenght go dark. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
RJ stated at the LSH Academy the vendor would get in large rolls of Pixel string lights and cut to order. That way the vendor only has one SKU number and not stocking different lengths that take up room to store.

We will find out more once this is officially announced how it will work.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
We have all the details to be worked out so there is no answers to give. I will be scheduling a conference call with them to get it moving but I will not be able to give details till it is all finalized. So it will be speculation until then. Even what I said was based on a rough thought of how we can work it out. It might turn out better than I thought with some ideas that have come out.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying