Author Topic: LSP 2.0 Release  (Read 9038 times)

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
LSP 2.0 Release
« on: August 13, 2011, »
Just read this over at LSP website - 8/13/11:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hi,
 last minute testing, documentation, marketing, licensing, sales, hosting ...it will be released tomorrow sometime at latest.

Myk

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: LSP 2.0 Release
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, »
LSP 2.0 is available now!
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline Corey872

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, »
It's here!!!  <;d It's here!!!  <;d  It's here!!!  <;d

[Runs downstairs, tears into wrapping paper, eyes as big as saucers...]

Well, OK - at least over to the LSP site to see if there is any server bandwidth left for a download!

edit - OK, that was not a bad download at 1100KB/sec.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, by Corey872 »

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, »
I was going to purchase v2 until I saw that it was $249 if you have more than 512 channels. That's only 170 RGB nodes.
Unless it will cut my sequencing time in half and is easier to use than the previous version, I will stick with Vixen.
Just my opinion.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, »
If you have version 1.8 the upgrade is only $50 for 8192 channels. This is more than enough for me at least. I do think it is an interesting marketing strategy how there are three versions of 2.0.  I was hoping to get a free upgrade, but the way they did this if you want to use more than DMX @ 512 then you must get the intermediate version or higher.

That's the way the Christmas cookie crumbles!

Greg

Offline tng5737

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, »
I think that if you purchased  V1.8 within the last 12 month you will get a free upgrade to the Advanced edition (8192 channels).  The $49 price applies to existing LSP users who purchased longer than 12 months ago!   An email has been sent out to existing users.  That my understanding anyway!

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, »
I purchased in beginning of July and used that key and got to 32767 channel $399 version of 2.0

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, »
here is a copy of email that I got today

Good Morning,
Christmas came early this year with the just-released LightShow Pro v2!
We hope you're as excited as us because this version represents a milestone in the LightShow Pro software!
Among the thousands of enhancements are a few you may like are:

• Complete optimization of the sequencing engine!
  • Full Undo/Redo of effects, timings and Transitions!
  • Multi-threaded optimization engine for fast performance!
  • Re-engineered User library design!
  • Mega-tree wizard, enhanced multi-level transitions!
  • Support for up to 32767 channel displays!
  • The best RGB tools and dynamic live sequencing experience!
  • interactive editing with live copy/cut and selection transforms!
  • Extensive tooltips and documentation to get you going fast!
If you’ve purchased LightShow Pro in the last year, you will receive your new license within 24 hrs. but if not, were offering an awesome upgrade price for the advanced version for just $49!! (a $249 value!)   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You can download the LightShow Advanced v2 - Promo Upgrade installation file You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A lot of hard work has gone into making LightShow Advanced v2 - Promo Upgrade a high quality product with a featureset that stands out
against the competition. We also take pride of the exceptional customer service that we provide! If there is
anything we can do to assist you with your light show needs or require support getting up to speed with the
application please let us know by sending an email to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or simply visiting
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login .
There is a You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login of advanced LightShow Pro users, they have done just about anything you can
imagine! Be sure to join them in the LightShow Pro You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to discuss the latest technology
and future of automated light shows!
Please be sure to explore the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login site and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login orYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to inspire you! Be sure to check out the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to learn a lot great short-cuts
or just watch You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
LightShow Pro Box height=109

Sincerely,
David Johnson
GraphxPros
Makers of LightShow Pro

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, »
so far it has not been successful in converting any of my simple media sequences :(

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, »
Now I wished I hadn't waited and bought 1.8. Now I will end up having to pay $249 instead of $99.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, »
I bought 1.8 in January and never got that email.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline barbotte

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, »
I think that if you purchased  V1.8 within the last 12 month you will get a free upgrade to the Advanced edition (8192 channels).  The $49 price applies to existing LSP users who purchased longer than 12 months ago!   An email has been sent out to existing users.  That my understanding anyway!
yea i got the email but is that mean i have to pay only 49 $ or $99 for the new key has its been more than 12 month + the 49 $ ... i am kind of confuse
thanks

Offline tng5737

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, »
IF you purchased v1.8 MORE than 12 months ago then you can upgrade to the Advanced edition of V2 for $49 - that allows up to 8192 channels.
IF you purchased v1.8 LESS than 12 months ago then you will get a FREE upgrade to the Advanced edition.
There will also be an upgrade path for those existing users who want to upgrade to the PRO edition.

I would suggest anyone interested go to LSP's home page and follow the appropriate links. (no use duplicating information already found over at LSP)

Offline tbone321

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, »
I think that price pushes it way outside of most in the DIY community.  I personally think changing the price due to channel count is ripping off the users.  If you want to charge different prices, then charge for advanced features like the mega-tree wizzard or sequence mapping.  I can see why they have plenty of bandwith available for downloads with pricing like this.  I am really looking foward to Vixen 3.0 now.  Now I really wonder which version they are giving away for that survey entry.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Pete

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, »
Email? ??? ??

I too did not get an email and purchased 1.8 in January 2011.

I was looking for better software being disappointed with LOR's high priced limited & proprietary DMX.   I've been holding off programing with the plan to wait until LSP 2.0 was released. Anxious to get started I just viewed the LSP web site.

WOW what a disappointment!!! :(

I can upgrade to the Advanced edition, but it will not handle the channel count that I have planned for this year.

I think I will just use Vixen or maybe see what LOR 3.0 or Vixen 3.0 has to offer.  Hopefully LOR will not do what LSP has done and price their software by channel count.

I too think that it is too pricey for most of the DIY community.  I know that a lot of work has gone into the new version of LSP and one must be compensated for their work - I respect that.  Also the software has a limited market that causes the price to jump.

My feelings are that of mad and disappointment - It would have been nice to know prior to the release that the software was going to be sold by channel count and the upgrade would not cover what most of us expected it would. I for one would have just gone with Vixen and not waited.

Pete