Author Topic: LSP 2.0 Release  (Read 9039 times)

Offline wftxlites

Re: LSP 2.0 Release
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, »
I have had much heartburn over the LSP since trying to make the pixelnet stuff work with v1.8. Back and forth with LSP and the pixelnet plugin versions. It never did work. However, I received the e-mail also and downloaded V2.0. I was surprised to have received the Advanced upgrade FREE. This morning I was expecting to pay $50 and was thinking it would be worth it for me to get the pixelnet to work after all the problems I had.  Guess I not the Loneranger here. Now I do not know my total channels count, but I tried one of my sequences that is above 512 channels and so far so good. Like I said previously 8142 is plenty for my use at this point. We'll see how this all turns out once I get some of my more intensive sequences running. By far this is much better than v1.8. I actually got the pixelnet to work the first time.

Yeah!  :)

Greg

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, »
I don't really think LSP 2.0 and Vixen 3.x are going to be in the same ballpark in terms of features and capabilities.  At least not in 2011.  THat said, I'm still very excited to see what Vixen 3.0 can do!

I participated in the LSP 2.0 beta testing and was really enjoying it by the end.  David worked his tail off fixing everything we could find and then some.  It truly is powerful and capable.   You will not find anything else which can talk to all the hardware and protocols like it can.  Learning it requires a lot of time and patience.  I still don't understand a lot of what it can do with it, buts its been fun discovering that.  I find myself being productive with it and not fighting or complaining about it constantly.  I'm sure there are bugs left, probably quite a few ... but the really big annoying ones seem fixed for the most part.  The amount of good far exceeds the bad at this point.  The underlying performance issues from 1.8 seem fixed.  I even pushed to get the chase to operate in a better way and to operate on virtual controllers or layers and that is extremely powerful now.  You can do everything you can do in S3 and probably then some.  It's probably quite a bit more advanced than even S3 w/superstar, esp. when it comes to RGB object oriented programming.

I bought LSP 1.8 and found it basically unusable and extremely frustrating, slow and unreliable.  LSP 2.0 has made some very nice improvements ... and (LSP) David is trying to make a living, pay the bills, seriously.  I think some of the LSP 2.0 pricing decisions are basically required to keep it alive and viable ... and its features and capabilities are comparable to Madrix and SuperStar Lights ... but better than both.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, »
I feel exactly the same way.

While I was also surprised to see the pricing structure, in the end the business owner has a lot of challenging choices and he always knows there will be a subset of customers or possible customers that will be unhappy with his choices.

Do I think having one version with unlimited channels for say $149 would work better? Sure! But it is not mine to make. He has worked hard on whats important and since he is in business he must have a income that makes sense.

Only a few of us are stupid enough to work that hard for nothing.

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

dandyman

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, »
I'm certainly not a power user (YET:-))... BUT I have been playing with LSP since the inception (was one of the first people to get a license)... I found the instability an issue, so I have always used LOR...

So far, I find LSP 2.0 stable (at least it hasn't crashed on me yet :-))... and this version WAS able to import my most complicated LOR sequence (336 channels... where V.1.8 couldn't)... the only issue I found was that it didn't import the ramp twinkle/shimmers correctly... I can deal with that...

Although I don't find it as easy to use as LOR, i need it for the RGB capability...

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, »
I've been playing around with it for the most part of the day, and I have found that it runs better than it did before, at least for me it does. And I have imported a couple LOR sequences, ranging from simple little 48 channel sequences to larger 184 channel sequences that are really complicated, and it worked perfectly. I'm tempted to import a couple sequence I did for someone who has over 3000 LOR channels...but we'll see where the software takes me before I do anything like that :D
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline sean815

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, »
Guess his website crashed from the upgrades. :(

Offline rm357

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, »
Hmmm,

I wonder if his ISP shut down his site due to unusually high bandwith usage...

<pop..

I guess I'll have to wait for the download.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, »
The site is back up.

Offline rm357

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, »
Didn't have to wait long   <;d

Now, do i stay up all night and call in sick tomorrow or sack out so i can go to work...

Since work supports blinky, new toy will have to wait  :'(

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline sean815

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2011, »
Didn't have to wait long   <;d

Now, do i stay up all night and call in sick tomorrow or sack out so i can go to work...

Since work supports blinky, new toy will have to wait  :'(

RM
DUHHHHH

of course Call out!    <;d

Offline tng5737

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, »
I purchased in beginning of July and used that key and got to 32767 channel $399 version of 2.0

This was caused by an error in the licensing system.  What you have is not a legitimate copy of the PRO edition!  If you are having trouble with your legitmate upgrade key please PM David (admin) over at LSP.  I am sure he will be happy to straighten out your license problems.   If you really need the PRO version, please purchase a legal copy.  After all, we all want LSP to be around and continue to grow!  Besides, the next time you download an update - the old key will no longer work anyway!

Offline Corey872

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, »
Only a few of us are stupid enough to work that hard for nothing.

RJ

I might say 'generous' enough...

That may be one thing which may make the pricing a little tougher to swallow...I think we get pretty spoiled on here with the amount of work you and your minions put in for virtually free (if not actually free)...not only to get items out to the community, but actually drive the prices down even further and provide free tech support on top of that.

Can't say 'thanks' enough for that.

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, »
I think we get pretty spoiled on here with the amount of work you and your minions put in for virtually free (if not actually free)

I just pictured RJ with all the Despicable Me Minions in his Laboratory creating electronic devices to take control of the world.... of Christmas Lights.
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline steve_hirst

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, »
so thats how he gets so much done. <la..

Offline Wombat

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, »
The original version that most of us purchased was Professional Edition which was unlimited channels. with a 12 months upgrade. See here:

Note that it shows
Remove the channel limit and command output.
and
***Purchasing LightShow Pro 1.8 will entitle you to all upgrades within one year from purchase.***

check your receipt you received it will show Professional Edition.

He also has stated in several threads that the software is not limited to universes or channels.

if you feel that you are entitled to a full upgrade please contact David@LSP

Wombat

<edit> Issue is resolved now with david supplying Pro version to me however I no longer have support by him  <md..
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, by Wombat »