Author Topic: Expanding EtherDongle Beta  (Read 993 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Expanding EtherDongle Beta
« on: August 13, 2011, »
I am expanding the EtherDongle beta to include 5 additional members. to save the high cost of having the 2 surface mount chips put on the pcb for us in such low quanitity I am installing them myself so you will receive the pcb with the two main chips installed as will everyone later. (this is not optional, I do not want the additional issues of users trying to install them)

Here is the deal. I am behind on my PM's, so to make it worst if you want to be one of the five you need to PM me as soon as possible and in the pm put why you want to be a beta tester on this, how you will be using it including the software you plan to use ect. The size of your show. and anything that I should know that would make you a good beta tester for this. Also include your experience building electronics, I am not looking for people who are new to electronic assembly at this point as these will be more techincal users so we can get good feed back on the functioning of the system.  You must also have the needed additional equipment to test such as at least one Hub and power supply, and some SSC with lights.

As with all Beta's the testers will not be permitted to discuss the beta testing until it is closed and then you can say anything you want about it.

Once the choices has been made I will notify each one by PM and we will move ahead. You will be responsible for the cost of the pcb chips, and shipping to you. You must be willing to order the parts and build them within 2 weeks of receiving them so you can begin testing.
These will be for testing not just to have on a shelf since this will be the last step toward cooping the EtherDongle to our members.

I will choose from my pm's Monday Night.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Expanding EtherDongle Beta
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, »
Ok I have all the pm's from many many members wishing to be in the beta. I just got back from out of town moving my middle son into the university too late to read them yet, so it will be a day or two before I send out the pms of acceptance. I hope to prep the pcbs this weekend (solder the smd chips on) for the beta testers and with luck get them out this coming Monday. I have a lot going on that I am trying to balance at the moment including getting the file system locked in and finished for the conductor so our software friends can begin work. If you receive a pm accepting you please reply and get your payment in so I will not be held up getting them out.

So much stuff going on it's hard to believe at this point.  But it is exciting stuff!

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Expanding EtherDongle Beta
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, »
I want to thank everyone who submitted a pm to join the beta of the etherdongle. I wish I could accept all of them but it would of meant a really big beta much bigger than is possible. It kind of becomes a coop called a beta at that point I think.

The point is that even though I could not, it means a lot to me to see that many ask to be!  <res.

I hope we have an excellent expanded beta and can be cooping them in the next month.  <wd..

RJ