Author Topic: LightShow Pro V2 Tips and Tricks - LSP in a nut shell  (Read 31567 times)

Offline keitha43

Re: LightShow Pro V2 Tips and Tricks - LSP in a nut shell
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A few of us were having ussues of smartstring nodes not always lighting when they were supposed too while playing  from the sequencer with the output enabled. Ever with all the vizualizers off. However they do play fine from the scheduler.
I am going back to hybrid mode for now. Pixel mode couldn't keep up with the rapid on/off of the opening of Jingle Bells. But Hybrid mode does.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, »
Wow, thats really interesting.  So when you program the SSC in hybrid mode (and 1 more RGB channel in LSP)  ... the performance is better?  Is that doing the same thing (pixel level sequencing), or because your using hybrid mode to turn on the entire string at once and its somehow faster?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, »
the way i understand it, if non hybird mode and you want the entire string all the same color at the same time, you have to send out X number of commands for each node, in hybird mode, the ssc sees that channel and then converts and turns them all on at once in that color with a single command so less data is sent.

At least that i how i understand that mode.....

Myk

Offline keitha43

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2011, »
Yes anytime I need the whole string to come on all at once I only turn on the 1st node in the string and leave the other nodes off. I know my laptop is really powerfull. A lot more than my show computer. It may just be LSP just doesn't output fast enough at this time. The schedular does better but doing rapid on/off and to make sure all on commands are crisp, hybrid does best.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2011, »
Thanks for sharing this.  I programmed all my SSC to use hybrid now.  I also decided to set up each SSC running hybrid mode as two controllers ... the first channel (3 rgb channels) as its own controller (string mode) and the rest of the channels as the other controller (pixel mode) ... and that way I can collapse controllers and avoid accidental use of the string mode when sequencing.  I like how flexible LSP is in terms of setting up hardware.    Has anyone tested under vixen to see if the string exhibits the same lag for similar pixel-level sequencing?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline tng5737

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2011, »
I went a wee bit further - used three controller for each.  First one I called string which is the rgb, second one is what I call hybrid which has three separate channels, and lastly one for the nodes themselves.   So for say the roof I would have  the following: roof-s (rgb); roof-h (r,g,b); roof (start addr - end addr).  Inside LSP I set up three layers 'Strings', 'Hybrids', 'Roof'    this approach allows me to use the string when I want rgb and hybrid if I want to convert say last years seqs which had separate red,gn,blue channels.   And lastly the full pixel strigns if I want to get really fancy with transitions.

Offline dmoore

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, »
While trying to cheat and re-use my 2009 120 channel sequences for my 2000+ channel 2011 display, I came up with a slightly different method to import the timing and effects without "distroying" the exisiting sequence.

Offline ydeardorff

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2011, »
Since LightShow Pro is so different than other sequencing applications on the market, it can take some time to figure out how to do some tasks, sometimes even simple ones.  In this thread I am going to post tips and tricks on using LSP V2.

Setting up a simple DMX element using a Lynx Dongle.  Shows how to setup, test and enter a few basic effects:

How to do ramping shimmers, fades and twinkles:

I know I am new, but Im having issues with viewing the videos. My linux machine despite having the newest java version wont allow  me to view them.

Im finding this DMX setup seems simple, yet confusing to how it all hook in.

Im looking at using the teensy light controllers. About 80 to 96 channels. But also using RGB LED light strips with light show pro as the sequencer.

My hope is I can trace the eaves, roof line, and windows with the RGB LED's. But how does all this work? It looks like I have to have two different sequencers, one for the DMX stuff, and another for the teensy light controllers.
Then each strand will need its own 12 volt power supply?

Isnt there a way to use the Ethernet cables, and just daisy chain all this into a string of controllers? So I have one cable leading out of the laptop, to the teensy light controllers, and then all the mess start from there?

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2011, »
I know I am new, but Im having issues with viewing the videos. My linux machine despite having the newest java version wont allow  me to view them.

Im finding this DMX setup seems simple, yet confusing to how it all hook in.

Im looking at using the teensy light controllers. About 80 to 96 channels. But also using RGB LED light strips with light show pro as the sequencer.

My hope is I can trace the eaves, roof line, and windows with the RGB LED's. But how does all this work? It looks like I have to have two different sequencers, one for the DMX stuff, and another for the teensy light controllers.
Then each strand will need its own 12 volt power supply?

Isnt there a way to use the Ethernet cables, and just daisy chain all this into a string of controllers? So I have one cable leading out of the laptop, to the teensy light controllers, and then all the mess start from there?
You need to post this question in a different thread.  I could answer a lot of these questions, but your questions have nothing to do with lightshow pro and I am reluctant to muck it up or as we say hijack a thread.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline ydeardorff

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2011, »
my bad <yk..

Offline rfallatt

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2012, »
Even if the questions are not on topic... the links still do not work.

Offline Nightowlz1966

• I thought I had more extension cords
    • Christmas On The Creek
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2012, »
I can't seem to get any of the screencast videos of DMoore to load from the beginning of this thread.
Brian Flanders
Sharpsburg Ga.
I Thought I Had More Extension Cords

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2012, »
You might want to look thru all the stuff that dmoore has on his website holidaycoro.com
On the left side are some links to useful articles.  I do not know if the same video is there or not, but he has a lot of stuff posted on his website.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA