Author Topic: LightShow Pro V2 Tips and Tricks - LSP in a nut shell  (Read 31568 times)

Offline dmoore

Re: LightShow Pro V2 Tips and Tricks - LSP in a nut shell
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would really like to see a video for those of us that are not using RGB everything, and still use LED or incan lighting mostly and how you can use the tools of LSP 2.0 to group controllers to a color and use the rgb tools.  i know david posted a video last year for that, but i would like to see an updated one with the new tools and features.

Of course LSP is targeted toward RGB and pixel based displays but it does work excellent with non-RGB displays also.  I think the video you maybe refering to is this one:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login which covers how to sequence using transitions without using RGB devices.

So you'd like a video that shows layers and the ways in which you can group controllers and elements inside layers?

Offline dmoore

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, »
Thanks David,

I enjoyed what part of you classes on LSP I could make but I was not able to make all three and only part of two of them. You did an excellent job on them.

RJ

Thanks for the feedback.  There were lots of good questions and I think what was shown is that LSP isn't something that you can pickup in just three 50 minute sessions.  There is a time investment to LSP but it's worth it in the end with what you can make LSP produce.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, »
Something I really use a lot is the custom chase.

(1) Select the pattern you want to chase (do this in non-collapsed channel range)
(2) right-click + COPY  or CTRL+C
(3) Go to where you want to do the chase. 
(4) SHIFT + left-click + drag chase range [ down arrow or up arrow determines chase direction ]

If you do (4) on a collapsed controller, you will chase all channels in the collapsed controller, virtual controller or selected layer.

If you do (4) on a channel range, then it just chases the channels in the range selected.

The reason I point this out is that the default chase isn't very powerful, but this really is ... because you can
selected the chase pattern you wanted, then chase it very easily ... across channel range or an entire controller, virtual controller or layer. 
Very powerful.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline barbotte

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, »
what i would like to have is a pattern library we could get sample and install to our display .... there are so many different one it would be good for us who has no clue what a nice patern look like ... and i am one of them ....
cheer

Offline urthegman

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, »
what i would like to have is a pattern library we could get sample and install to our display .... there are so many different one it would be good for us who has no clue what a nice patern look like ... and i am one of them ....
cheer
There are some in the transition library RGB, Mono, Live and User imports. Also if you go to downloads, in the miscellaneous section are Mike's user objects that he was kind enough to upload for all of us. Here is the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and there are directions there on how to use them as well. I would like more of them as well and if you put a feature request in I will be sure to rate it high and I'm sure there are others who will as well.

Offline barbotte

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, »
i have not find them ,,but maybe i am blind
thanks

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, »
I think they are gone.  I'll ask Mike if he can share it again?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline urthegman

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, »
That is weird, my link takes me right to the download page for Mikes user objects. Transitions are right under where the controllers are on the left hand side when you open LSP. Just click on it. George
Dave, maybe we need a video of this? lol

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2011, »
It wouldn't work for me in Firefox, but I got it downloaded with IE. I attached Mikes Transitions in case anybody wanted them.

Brian
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline barbotte

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, »
where do i put those thransition and how
thank

Offline tng5737

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, »
extract tfile to a folder, open LSP, create a seq and load a controller.  Next Draw controller objects.  You will see a Share button - click that.  You should see an Import option.  Simply browse to the folder where you saved your extracted file and select it.  It should come back with a msg telling you that it imported 21 objects.  Now you are good to go!

Offline dmoore

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, »
Here are a few more tips and tricks for LSP V2:

Using layers to group channels from individual controllers (LOR's tracks) - Part 1:

Using virtual controllers to group channels - Part 2:

Offline dmoore

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, »
That is weird, my link takes me right to the download page for Mikes user objects. Transitions are right under where the controllers are on the left hand side when you open LSP. Just click on it. George

What we need is a video that shows the transition library and what you can do with all the cut-n-paste options to modify them...I'll put that one up next.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, »
 <res. Great videos David ... thanks!!!   <res.

The virtual controllers can set sort ordinals, whereas layers cannot.

Your also a little more limited (with layers) in how you can re-arrange the channels.

I didn't know you could add those custom virtual controllers to the library ... thats nice.

Now we just need a concept of a configuration which ties together the common LSP drawing, the controllers
and gives the ability to save the layers as well.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, by taybrynn »

Offline urthegman

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, »

What we need is a video that shows the transition library and what you can do with all the cut-n-paste options to modify them...I'll put that one up next.
Agreed!!!