Author Topic: LightShow Pro V2 Tips and Tricks - LSP in a nut shell  (Read 31570 times)

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
Re: LightShow Pro V2 Tips and Tricks - LSP in a nut shell
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Using virtual controllers to group channels - Part 2:

Please note that  you do not have to do each channel individually. You can select a range of channels with the select tool and add them to the virtual controller at one time. Hope that makes sense.  You can view that process here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Also be aware that there is a configuration option to hide channels added to a vc(s) in the parent controller. Selecting this option will hide the channels in the parent controller as is demonstrated in the above mentioned video.

David also showed how to add your controllers to a library. If you type in your own "Group" name when you "add" or "add all" you will create a group that is unique to your environment. That way when you can then drag your entire group to your grid and it will add all of your defined controllers to the sequence. You can view that process here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There are also some great videos on the LSP web site on the home page and also in the TIPS and Tricks section. Perhaps DM could also post his videos there so they can be shared with LSP users who are not members of this forum.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, »

Now we just need a concept of a configuration which ties together the common LSP drawing, the controllers
and gives the ability to save the layers as well.

Create a sequence that has all of your controllers, drawings and layers in it then save it as a base sequence. When you create a new sequence just load the controllers from the base sequence and yu will get all of your controllers, drawings and layers.

Make sure you don't miss the addendum to DM's video in the post above.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, »
Thanks Mike -- great tips!

Is there any proven way to import existing sequences and then get to the same place (with all your controllers and drawing) ? 

My concern is that I might need to do some scrubbing of LOR sequences (in advance of importing into LSP) ... so that it all works out nicely when I import.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, »
Thanks Mike -- great tips!

Is there any proven way to import existing sequences and then get to the same place (with all your controllers and drawing) ? 

My concern is that I might need to do some scrubbing of LOR sequences (in advance of importing into LSP) ... so that it all works out nicely when I import.

Currently no way to "Load Default controllers during an import however you might try this.

Create your base sequence with drawings.
Add all of your controllers to the library under your own group.
Import the LOR sequence.
Drag the controller you created in LSP on top of the controller created during the import.
Or add your entire group to the imported sequence and the copy the effects from the imported controllers to you created LSP controllers. I think this is the slower of the two.
It does need to be done one sequence and one controller at time but at least you wont have to redo all of your drawings.

Hope that helps some..
Thanks
Mike

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, »
Thanks again ... I think the drag and drop method will probably work best for me.  Since I'm just going to be importing LOR PC16 controller based sequences ... its just a matter of dropping the right ones in.  Then all the new controllers (pixelnet) can be dragged in ... and then sequenced in LSP 2.    I'll need to try it and see what issues arise.  If I can minimize issues, I may re-arrange in LOR S2 first, then import.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, »
OK I give up anyone have a link to LSP everytime I click on lightshowpro.com it comes up and then internet explorer has to close and can not connect to web page . I thought about checking out the pricing and the demo version is this still available. Running windows 7 64 home premium
Jeff

Offline Donny M. Carter

• Ocean Springs, MS
    • Carter Christmas Lights
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, »
Went right to it with Chrome.

Donny

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2011, »
Interesting, when I try to go there with my FireFox browser I get a big warning page instead:

"This web page at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences."

-Mike

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2011, »
Looks like the site was perhaps partially hacked.  If you respond to ignore the warnings you go to another site, but eventually the LSP site also shows up.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2011, »
Ok I was able to get to the site, BUT when I click on demo it tried to install and then said it is not allowed for WIN , anybody have a Idea what I am doing wrong, It did say to go into control panel and either turn on or off window features what ever that is.
Jeff

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2011, »
Hi Jeff,

Are you clicking on "Free Trial" at this page? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If so and are getting an error can you post a screen shot of the error?

Hope that helps
Mike
Thanks
Mike

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2011, »
Hi Jeff,

Are you clicking on "Free Trial" at this page? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hope that helps
Mike
yes here is a screen shot
Jeff

Offline keitha43

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2011, »
A few of us were having ussues of smartstring nodes not always lighting when they were supposed too while playing  from the sequencer with the output enabled. Ever with all the vizualizers off. However they do play fine from the scheduler.

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, »
Hi Jeff,

Hope that helps
Mike

What OPSYS are you running on? Browser is FF, IE, Chrome?
Thanks
Mike

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2011, »
Hi Jeff,

Hope that helps
Mike

What OPSYS are you running on? Browser is FF, IE, Chrome?
I was able to get it workin went in to windows feature and enable 3.5 .net all is well now just need to play with it and figure how it works THANKS FOR RESPONDING
Jeff