Author Topic: Dongle with LOR  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Dongle with LOR
« on: August 15, 2011, »
I have both Lynx Express and LOR.  This year I would like to run all using LSP via DMX.  I am trying to figure out the cables between the controllers though.  I ideally I would go from

PC -> Dongle -> LOR -> Express -> Aether

It appears I cannot use just straight Cat5 with the LOR.

Dongle                          LOR
WH/OR  (1)                   Blue (4)
Orange   (2)                 WH/Blue (5)

So, once I create a new cable, what must I do to go from LOR to Express?  Can I use a staight cable or must I use another custom cable.

If I have to keep creating custom cables, it will be easier for me just to use the LOR USB dongle + the Lynx Dongle and have two networks.  I did this last year using xlights and it worked perfect.  This year I plan to use LSP.

Another thought was to use the splitter and create one custom cable to go from splitter to LOR>

LOR -> LOR ->
PC -> Splitter <
                         Express -> Express -> Aether
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, by Mickpat »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Dongle with LOR
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, »
Group your Lynx together and then your Lor together so you can swap one time and use normal cables after that. You only need the modified when switching from one to the other. So if they are grouped together you only do this once.

Hope this helps.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, »
That will work...thanks!

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, »
I think you would only need to switch wires once if the LOR controllers are the END of your chain.

The way you have it drawn, "I think" you would have to switch twice ... before 1st LOR unit and after last LOR unit
since DMX out from the dongle isn't going to be LOR compatible.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login