Author Topic: DMX Controller Boards  (Read 729 times)

Offline Asterix0

DMX Controller Boards
« on: August 19, 2011, »
I plan to use my wireless Lynx controllers for both Halloween and Christmas. For Halloween, I've been experimenting with a Chauvet Obey 40 controller because I needed to coordinate lighting changes with the movement of haunters through a driveway haunt. I realized that the Obey has a mode that advances lighting sequences by monitoring the beat in music. I'm thinking about using that for Christmas songs. Has anyone tried that?

Offline rm357

Re: DMX Controller Boards
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, »
Most of us are using a computer to control our displays. That allows us to program it once and let it run unattended. The scheduler starts my display at 6:30 and turns it off at 11:00. I check it periodically to make sure it is running, but I don't watch it every night.

Having said that, LSP has some built in capabilities for external triggers. I have not looked into it that much, but one of their videos shows a person playing sequences on the display using a Wii guitar.

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline Asterix0

Re: DMX Controller Boards
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, »
I'm interested in the automatic beat mapping feature of controllers like the Chauvet Obey for Christmas displays. I have one for use at Halloween since human control is essential for triggering moving props.