Author Topic: wireless to cat 5  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Tigman009

wireless to cat 5
« on: August 28, 2011, »
I have looked but can't seem to find if one express is wireless, can I hook up the cat 5 cable to the wireless Express and connect another non wireless express and have both work off the one wireless board?  Or it it all boards have to be wireless?
Thanks

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: wireless to cat 5
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, »
Yes you can go from wireless to wired, if you have a LE with two DMX outs. The DMX out #2 allows this( Note: DMX out 1 will do nothing). I think LE v3 and up have it.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline barbotte

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, »
yep i am going wireless to the lynx then going to a ren 24ss using output 2 on the bord with cat 5 cabble ...( i wisg i knew what the output 1 does ...anyone know ??)
cheer

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, »
yep i am going wireless to the lynx then going to a ren 24ss using output 2 on the bord with cat 5 cabble ...( i wisg i knew what the output 1 does ...anyone know ??)
cheer

DMX out 1 is the same as DMX in - so with the wireless connected it has no data. If you use wired DMX in then both DMX outs will have DMX data on it.

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Tigman009

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, »
Thanks for the help I now saved myself two wireless receivers