Author Topic: Conductor development Progress  (Read 13500 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Conductor development Progress
« on: August 29, 2011, »
Well progress has been fast and furious on the Conductor. I got it to the point of being able to show it for the Lone Star Academy and since returning I have made much progress on the finishing details of it.

It now has a full scheduler in hardware, Handles mp3's tested currentlly all the way up to 192Kps files.

Works with standard fat32 systems so you drop you files into it from your computer.

It can operate under the Pixelnet or DMX firmware. This is for those that are not using Pixelnet you can still take advantage of it's feature with just a limit on the channels to 2048 DMX channels not the 16,384 you get with PixelNet.

And a few other feature you will have to wait to see.

Matt Brown from xLights is working on the utility software to create the schedules and show files for it from LOR and Vixen.

David from LSP already asked for the file info so he can start work on the ability to create the files from inside LSP.

I have a couple of people picked out to do beta of it over the season this year so we will be ready to coop the conductor after christmas. We will be using a conductor and slave in our show this year. I am adding another house across the street so it will be a prefect chance to test that part of it.

I have the prototype running 48 multi seqence shows a day every 30 minutes at the moment and it runs like clock work.

It has been an extreme amount of work but to see it operational and what it can do it has totally been worth it completely.

RJ 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, by rrowan »
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: Conductor development Progress
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, »
So cool!  Awesome work RJ.

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, »
 <res.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Millions of smiles served.

Offline coachers

• Coachers
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, »
Awesome!!!! <wd..
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline SGInut

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, »
Incredible RJ!

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, »
Sounds really good. Cannot wait. well I guess I'll have to.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, »
Soooo Coooooooollll  !!!!!                        >.d9

Thanks RJ!

Congradulations.
Leon

Offline PVPlaceLights

• Lola "Bean" - The Equalizer
    • Dazlyn [imagination.innovation.Realization]
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, »
Dittos! Very good work.

I would like to get the file format too so I can incorporate it into Olive. Thanks.

--Matt
Dazlyn [imagination.innovation.Realization]

Offline tpctech

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, »
Sounds great what kind of sequence triggering does it have from the network or switch closures?

KEN

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, »
Can't really talk about that yet.

RJ

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, »
Do you know relatively on how much it will cost yet, when there is a coop?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, »
I am very excited! I got pointed out by a user that Xlights new verision has the conductor convertor in it. So I gave it a try and was able to convert a vixen seq directly to the conductor and play it!

Man this is a great break through Matt did a great job! Worked the first time out of the gate!

Once we get LSP compatibilty we will be on to beta as the scheduler utility is all but ready to beta. One concern the member asked about was file size. The issue is we equate file size to proformance and lag. But with the Conductor the files will be large and this makes them profrom and have no lag. The system does not calculate out the data it is precomplied so the file is large but this means no lag, no wait to start, and allows the large 16,000 + channels. there is enough storage for hours of show so do not let the files size worry you.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, »
Do you know relatively on how much it will cost yet, when there is a coop?

I will not speculate at this point other than say it is not bad. Remember it is an add on to the etherdongle so that is the main hardware.

RJ

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, »
I am very excited! I got pointed out by a user that Xlights new verision has the conductor convertor in it. So I gave it a try and was able to convert a vixen seq directly to the conductor and play it!

Man this is a great break through Matt did a great job! Worked the first time out of the gate!

Once we get LSP compatibilty we will be on to beta as the scheduler utility is all but ready to beta. One concern the member asked about was file size. The issue is we equate file size to proformance and lag. But with the Conductor the files will be large and this makes them profrom and have no lag. The system does not calculate out the data it is precomplied so the file is large but this means no lag, no wait to start, and allows the large 16,000 + channels. there is enough storage for hours of show so do not let the files size worry you.

RJ

This is so great to hear.  Can't wait!  Thank you RJ.

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, »
That's awesome!!!  I put my etherdongle into service last night and went without a hitch!  Tonight it fired right up no problems!  I happened to look out site as some thing caught my eye and the show had started!  Talk about completely automated!!!! :)  No worries about the USB dongle not connected like it's been doing randomly!  Frees up a USB port and now I can use any computer anywhere for the show!  This is great!  Working like a champ!  Can't wait for this add on so I can eliminate the show computer completely!  All we need now is and FM transmitter add on and that will put the icing on the cake! lol

Dean
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]