Author Topic: Conductor development Progress  (Read 13491 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Conductor development Progress
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2012, »
let me clarify, I am looking for people to write it for both. If I have to write it then it will be android because that is what I use.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think he mentioned building in a selectable delay between songs as they run immediately one after another right now. And he was asking for a volunteer to write an app for phones to control the conductor.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

...and if he had to write it himself, it would be an Android only app - nothing for smartphone or ipad!

i'm an android guy myself, but i heard it a different way:

RJ was looking for someone who could write a smartphone app to control the conductor, it could be iphone/ipad and/or android.  if he has to do it himself, it will be android.

i don't think it was a 'dis on iphone with 'nothing for iphone' but a statement that he had android and that was his first choice.

that was my interpretation of those comments.

Um...you read my comment in a different way.

I agree. RJ was looking for help from someone to write the app. If he had to do it, he could/would only do it in what was familiar or needed for his environment. He was depending on others to open it up to other platforms. I think he would rather not have to do it at all but if no one jumps in, he will do what he can.
Leesburg, FL

Offline rm357

Conductor development Progress
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2012, »
Just so folks know, to develop for the iPad/iPhone, you have to do it on a Mac. While the development environment is free, you have to join the developers group, which is $100 a year. The good thing is that includes everything you need to market through the app store - free, subsidized by ads, or paid.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline tbone321

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2012, »
That happens but you can delete the extra posts.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving