Author Topic: LOR/Renard  (Read 3786 times)

Offline dale

LOR/Renard
« on: August 31, 2011, »
I have 114 LOR and 96 renard chanelles I tried last night to get them both on xlights and the LOR side wouldn't work at all.. I used one of last years sequnces used the first 9 controllers as (device Lightorama) then the last 96 channells as device ( a aux) and nothing happened during the sequnce I was also using the serial to ethernet adpter should I be using the usb to ethrnet for it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, by dale »

Offline dale

Re: LOR/Renard
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, »
53 views and not one reply ?

Is there a basic how to on starting out with xlights and how to get Lor to work on it then add ren boards to it also. some one has had to this.

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, »
Greetings,,,

Remember that those controllers and software aren't really what most of us concentrate on here.  So just some people here would use the combination you have, in order to know how to assist you.  Sorry if no one has jumped in when a ready solution.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline dale

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, »
I do understand that just with all the xlights postings here it has kinda of a xlights home. That is why i asked here didnt mean to sound like i wasnt happy or any thing

Dale

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, »
Matt and paul are not on as much as many of us are so they may not have seen the post. I would be happy to help if I knew enough about it.

RJ

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, »
Sorry, I missed your post. From your post, I couldn't tell quite how you had things connected. You should still use your LOR dongle to connect the LOR controllers. I assume the Renard controllers are connected through a regular serial port? You need to make sure you have the COM ports assigned correctly in xLights so they match what Windows has assigned - you can check using Device Manager. When playing an LOR sequence, the first network listed in xLights will be assigned to the sequence's "Regular Network" and the second one listed will be assigned to "Aux A".

You said you got nothing out of the LOR side. Does that mean the Renard side played ok?

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dale

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, »
I had LOr hooked in to my serial port using the small LOR gray serial to rj45 and it didn't work. The lor led just blinked. I then tried a USB to rj45 and xlights controlled my test lor box. So I think it had to do with the dongel. I will try hooking up the renard boxs again and try to controll them as well. I will make sure the renard side is using aux -A

Offline dale

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, »
when setting up a lor sequnce to play LOR and renard what do I put in for the channel settings .. Do I tell it to use for device type..
network..
Unit..
circut..

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, »
when setting up a lor sequnce to play LOR and renard what do I put in for the channel settings .. Do I tell it to use for device type..
network..
Unit..
circut..

Let's talk about networks first. The first network you define in xLights maps to your "Regular" network in an LOR sequence. The second network in xLights maps to "Aux A", etc. Doesn't matter what type of network they are DMX, Renard, LOR, etc, the network mapping for an LOR Sequence is always the same.

When driving an LOR network from an LOR sequence, unit numbers and circuit numbers should match. Note that xLights assumes that all LOR units are 16 channels. Therefore, you can just choose the "LOR" device type when assigning channels in your LOR sequence.

When driving a Renard network from an LOR sequence:

the Renard channel number = (unit-1)*16+circuit

(where 1 is the first channel). Hope this helps,

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline kenlmcse

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, »
How did you make out following the sequence I sent ya?

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, »
How did you make out following the sequence I sent ya?

Who are you asking?

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline kenlmcse

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, »
lol - asking Dale. I was on the phone with him last night. I sent him a LOR squence all set up to work with xLights. I am ALWAYS posting on the LOR boards to save your money - use xLights.

as a developer I have to laugh you call this beta and it is more mature than another product out there.

Offline dale

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, »
I will test it agian tonight but i belive it will work

Offline Timon

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, »
I am ALWAYS posting on the LOR boards to save your money - use xLights.

If I'm reading between the lines correctly one only needs the basic version of LOR and still run all networks and channels as the channel limits don't matter. One stills needs a paid version due to the encryption in the demo.

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, »
I am ALWAYS posting on the LOR boards to save your money - use xLights.

If I'm reading between the lines correctly one only needs the basic version of LOR and still run all networks and channels as the channel limits don't matter. One stills needs a paid version due to the encryption in the demo.

xLights will not run sequences from the LOR demo version because they are encrypted. You are correct.

I can't speak to the limits imposed by the basic version because I do not own it (I own the advanced version).

Matt
Matt Brown