Author Topic: MR16 and co-op - 1.2K resistors?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline fjaust

MR16 and co-op - 1.2K resistors?
« on: September 03, 2011, »
I had this posted over on the MR16 co-op but since that's closed i thought i'd post it here instead.

i've just started putting my MR16 boards together and have a couple of questions.

in the co-op i received a bag of 1.2K resistors but theres no marking on the boards where they should go. am i supposed to be using them at all?

also, i got 10 of all resistors (except the ones that go above the spade terminals) but i only ordered 5 boards/kits. am i supposed to be using those for something or were they included for another reason (to make co-op cheaper?).

thanks, scott
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, by fjaust »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: MR16 and co-op - 1.2K resistors?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, »
I am not sure about the 10 x resistors but the 1.2k and the 1k are interchangeable on the pcb. The bom used to have one and we changed it to the other.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, »
I needed about 100 of each resistor for the Co-Op. However, It cost less to buy 200 resistors because of the price break. So, I put extras of each resistor in each kit.

Rick

Offline fjaust

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, »
excellent, thanks guys.

i'll just follow the markings on the board then and leave off the 1.2K resistors.

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, »
Since both the 1k and 1.2k are both listed on the BOM, could someone remove the 1.2k resistor from the BOM. This would prevent people from ordering a resistor they don't need and wondering why they have an extra resistor.

Thanks,
Rick

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, »
It was already fixed when the first memeber pointed it out. If you had been to it before we find you sometimes have to refresh a number of times or flush cache to see the change for some reason.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying