Author Topic: Deals for 6' extension cords?  (Read 4423 times)

Offline abrianbaker

Deals for 6' extension cords?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, »
I just went to my local walmart where the 6 footers were priced at 1.27 I took all they had to the register (60) and told them dollar tree has them for a dollar.  Walked out for 60 bucks plus tax! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my fourth year!!!
Smart String Mega Tree
6000 Pixel Net Channels
256 LE Channels
140,000 Lights
Controlled by Vixen 3.1, Xlights Nutcracker
"You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login"

Offline Enjoying28

Re: Deals for 6' extension cords?
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, »
What about just order them from MonoPrice You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 1ft 16awg extension cord at 1.11 each for 16 of them. And 6ft 16awg extension cords at 2.52 for 16 of them.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, by Enjoying28 »

Offline barbotte

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What about just order them from MonoPrice You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 1ft 16awg extension cord at 1.11 each for 16 of them. And 6ft 16awg extension cords at 2.52 for 16 of them.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2.52 each and not for 16 of them ...way to expensive unless there is something i misread
cheer

Offline Enjoying28

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, »
I know thw post is about cheap indoor but some people my want high great outdoor cords that can eandle max load per channel. those dollar tree ones are 22awg and indoor only and most I have seen is no ground I like ading a grounding bar and grounding the whole thing. Because this controllers can be used on more then just christmas lights.

Offline abrianbaker

Deals for 6' extension cords?
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, »
The ones I got from walmart are 16 ga spt2.

---
I am here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my fourth year!!!
Smart String Mega Tree
6000 Pixel Net Channels
256 LE Channels
140,000 Lights
Controlled by Vixen 3.1, Xlights Nutcracker
"You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login"

Offline zwiller

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, »
Heads up.  Grabbed all 44 cords at the Dollar Tree yesterday.  Manager said more on the way.  Maybe you guys have access to Dollar Tree in your area.

Check out the psuedo fake UL style logo...   :o

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, »
I bought some at Dollar Tree when I bought the lights for my pumpkins.  Haven't seen them lower than that.
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, »
ETL (now Intertek) is another testing lab, like UL, and that does look like their logo.  The C US on the logo means that it meets both Canadian and US standards.
/mike

Offline Christmas.joe

• Listen To Those Lights!
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, »
I know thw post is about cheap indoor but some people my want high great outdoor cords that can eandle max load per channel. those dollar tree ones are 22awg and indoor only and most I have seen is no ground I like ading a grounding bar and grounding the whole thing. Because this controllers can be used on more then just christmas lights.

22awg can handle max 7 AMP load, each channel on (for example) LE can only handle max 4amp, so I would not expect any load issues with 22awg per channel.  For most Christmas lights, there are only 2 wires and polarity is not an issue.  If I was using my controllers to make motors and other gadgetry operate, then 3 prong and polarity is important. 

Hay, that gives me an idea, I could sequence Vixen and use an Exprsss for the rotisserie motor on my Gill for cooking a ham to Christmas music.  Heck I could have 16 Grills going at once!

<pop..
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, by Christmas.joe »
First Live Show 2011 Success Is Good!
12,000 Lights 32 Channel
Alabama

Offline rimist

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, »
Now that gives me an idea!
I could use an Express to control motors to add water and wood chunks to my smoker automagically :)

now to come up with a way to lift the lid, pour water, and pour in wood chunks.

hmm..... I wonder If I could tie in a sensor to adjust the air louver based on the temperature in the smoker... that would be even more important than the water and wood chunks!

-Rimist
- Rimist

Offline zwiller

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, »
BTW the Dollar Tree cords I just bought are 16AWG SPT2 but most importantly GREEN!   ;D
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline barbotte

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, »
well this is what i did ..i purchase a 1000 ft of spt 2 wire from Criss @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  that come to 13 cent a ft ( shipping include) then purchase some vampire plug for them , 50 cent each ... so my extension for the LE are 63 cent a ft  ...  best deal i ever get on extension cord ... and of course i also get the old style casing for the LE lol
cheer

Offline Christmas.joe

• Listen To Those Lights!
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, »
well this is what i did ..i purchase a 1000 ft of spt 2 wire from Criss @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  that come to 13 cent a ft ( shipping include) then purchase some vampire plug for them , 50 cent each ... so my extension for the LE are 63 cent a ft  ...  best deal i ever get on extension cord ... and of course i also get the old style casing for the LE lol
cheer

Let's take a look at this.  You spend $.63 a ft. to make your own extension cords. So for you to make 6ft it cost you $3.78.  If you go to Home Depot, you can get 6ft ALREADY MADE for $1.14.  I don't see the rational for spending twice the amount and spending all that time to make it.  Am I missing something?

<pop..
First Live Show 2011 Success Is Good!
12,000 Lights 32 Channel
Alabama

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, »
Absolutely, you're gonna miss out on all the fun making it yourself. After all this site is DYI.   ;)

Leon   
Leon

Offline Donny M. Carter

• Ocean Springs, MS
    • Carter Christmas Lights
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, »
cheer

Let's take a look at this.  You spend $.63 a ft. to make your own extension cords. So for you to make 6ft it cost you $3.78.  If you go to Home Depot, you can get 6ft ALREADY MADE for $1.14.  I don't see the rational for spending twice the amount and spending all that time to make it.  Am I missing something?

<pop..

Well, it's actually only $1.28 for a 6' home-made cord from SPT wire. $.50 for the end and $.13 a foot for the wire. 6ft of wire @ $.13= $.78, + $.50 end = $1.28. So not much of a price difference and you can make custom length cords. The most important part to me!

Donny