Author Topic: Another Aether II coop  (Read 10077 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: Another Aether II coop
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, »
Actually, at this point it does make sense.  The last coop was hit hard because the people in it want to use them for this season.  There is no guarantee that this coop will complete in time for the season and indications indicate that it probably will not.  So if I'm on a budget and most of us are, why spend big money on something that I can't use until next year when there are other things to buy that I can use now like light strings.  I'm sure that a coop after the season will get a much larger responce
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline keitha43

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2011, »
I for one would be willing to pay a little extra if there was a snowballs chance to get 3 before Christmas at least in time to shoot video. My rainbows floods I have now don't show up well enough especially red. So my videos look like blue, green, nothing. You would think the led supplier would not force a 100 order minimum since there probably would have been more ordered if they were available at the time of the 1st coop. Must be a special order part. Unfortunately I didn't know about the notify. Don't see how I missed it all this time. I think we are getting close to 100 so maybe a few more people will commit if etherdongles don't take all their cash. So many great products, so little cash!

Offline golights

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Actually, at this point it does make sense.  The last coop was hit hard because the people in it want to use them for this season.  There is no guarantee that this coop will complete in time for the season and indications indicate that it probably will not.  So if I'm on a budget and most of us are, why spend big money on something that I can't use until next year when there are other things to buy that I can use now like light strings.  I'm sure that a coop after the season will get a much larger responce
  ?   ???

Offline tbone321

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2011, »
Is it really that hard to understand?  Maybe you have an endless supply of money for your hobbies but I do not.  If I'm going to invest another $320 (4 aether kits) for this season, why would I spend it on something now that I can't use until next year.  that money can buy a lot of other things that I can use this year such as LED light strings and I have plenty of time to buy things for next year after the season is over such as more Aether kits.  I would rather spend the money now on the EtherDongle if it becomes available in time for the season.

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2011, »
I understand that view also tbone.

Offline golights

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2011, »
Thanks tbone321 for the finacial advice but I am not interested is spending money for the sake of spending money.  RJ started this thread to see if it was possible to help the ones wanting Aether II's but did not get into the first coop and I thank him for trying.  If it does not work out to start another coop anytime soon then I am fine with that.  But I don't need other stuff because I have money burning a hole in my pocket.  I have a plan for my display and I think I will stick with it. 

Offline tbone321

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2011, »
This conversation seems to be taking a turn for the worse and I hope that it's simply a matter of mis-communication.  I'm not trying to give you or anyone else financial advice or how to spend their money.  Someone was wondering why this pre-coop check is not piling up a larger number of orders, especially after the actual coop filled up so fast and I simply gave a reasonable explanation for it.  It is the reason why I didn't put in a pre-order post and I do want a few more Aethers. Since this coop is unlikely to be completed in time for this season, I will spend my money on what I can use this season and wait for another Aether coop next year to order them and I suspect that others are doing the same thing, resulting is a lower than expected pre-order number.

Offline LondoB5

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2011, »
I have to agree with tbone. As much as I really want 6 Aethers, I'm done with the big display purchases until next year and will be concentrating on light strings.

Any chance of this coop happening in the Feb-March timeframe?

Offline packetbob

• zappedmyself.com
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2011, »
I'd be in for at least two.... 
zappedmyself.com

Offline jramirex

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2011, »
Am I too late to the party? I'm in for at least 2 but 5 is what I am aiming for!!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2011, »
Yeah sorry the coop was started and closed a while ago and people already got their orders.

This post was just to see if there was interest.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required