Hardware > Lynx EtherDongle

EtherDongle Beta closed

(1/2) > >>

RJ:
The EtherDongle beta has finished. All 7 beta tester and I voted to it was ready for release and so I will move ahead soon as I can get back on my feet from being ill to make a coop happen.

This thread is to let all users know the status and to allow the testers to openly discuss the device the beta or what ever as well as the users to ask questions about the device or beta.

Lets please try to keep the thread on these topics and not highjack it to other subjects so the users have one thread to read up on it.
Thanks

RJ

rm357:
How do you program the IP address? DHCP? Fixed?

mokeefe:
While internally the EtherDongle does have an IP address, it is not accessible to the end user and does not need to be programmed.  You simply connect the EtherDongle either to your PC's network port or a port on your router.  It will respond to multicast E1.31 data.  There is no need to configure an address in the EtherDongle nor the plug-ins for Vixen and LSP.

In the event that you need to run multiple EtherDongles, RJ will be providing separate firmware to load on each one.  The firmware will hard code for E1.31 universes 1-32, 33-64, etc. Most people will simply load the base firmware which gives you E1.31 universes 1-32 (16384 pixelnet channels).

There is also a DMX-Only version of the firmware for people not using SmartStrings.  This will give you 4 universes (2048) DMX channels. The passive combiner (used in reverse) breaks it out to 4 cables (universes) of DMX.

-Mike

mykroft:
ok, but how is this going to work in the future with ethernet to wireless adapters?  they have to have a ip address?

Myk

RJ:
It's works really well as I demoed in TX. You put an address in the adapter thats on your network. I believe a few of our beta testers can tell you they ran them wirelessly.

RJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version