Author Topic: DMX Dongle V2 with case. Green light on sold the moment it's plugged into USB  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Livermore-Dad

A prior thread made this sound almost okay, but the build documents cite the Green led only illuminates when there is DMX data present. When the System is sending DMX data.

Sooo I'm not sure, I would like to believe that everything is fine, however I do have a DMX board and can't get anything to work. So I have to wonder if in fact I have an issue, since again the Green light, comes on only seconds after the red light, and is really about the time my windows system acknowledges the DMX dongle. Nothing else plugged in.

Am I crazy? Is the documentation ?

"Now create some stuff and run it. You should have DMX coming out of the dongle. It’s that simple or so we hope.

The green light led will only come on when you start sending data from the computer. It does not flash on and off it barely twinkles depending on the data going out and can be hard to even see depending on the data you are sending. This is normal operation.

I truly hope you enjoy your Lynx DMX dongle.
RJ"

Offline RJ

• Administrator
The green light will be on anytime the dongle has power and is functional. It lightly flickers when sending data. It is barely noticable it at all.

What DMX pcb are you using? some like LOR and Renard do not have the normal DMX wiring for cat5 and have to have an adapter cable to work with my stuff.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Livermore-Dad

AHHH ha.. Well I have some of your other boards, just not built and I wanted to test the DMX.

So ya, as you called it.

DMX to Ren48LSD, to a LED strip.

I can make a new Cat 5 cable if that is what is needed..

Thanks RJ
Tory

Offline Livermore-Dad

Okay

Found it on another site. Renard-DMX using your dongle.

So I'll play around, thanks for the hint RJ

Tory

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Glad I could help.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying