Author Topic: Com Port Com1 not found  (Read 1721 times)

Offline bking85295

Com Port Com1 not found
« on: September 27, 2011, »
I am new to this and just trying to startup first Profile in Vixen.  I setup a new profile and created 16 channels.  When I select any given channel, and then hit Output plugins, I receive an error that says "Com Port Com 1 not found".  Did I miss a step somewhere?

Offline blaha

• Patron Member
Re: Com Port Com1 not found
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, »
You will need to connect your dongle to your computer for this process making sure it is using the FTDI drivers. If you click thru the error you should still see the 'Sequence Plugin Mapping' window open. In the 'Plugins in Use' selection remove any existing Plugins. Assuming you are using the Lynx Dongle with DMX firmware you will need to select Enttec DMX USB Pro on the left and select the Use--> button. Highlight the newly added Plugin on the right and click the Plugin Setup button. In the new 'Setup' Window click on the drop down box in the top and it should auto populate the com port your Dongle is setup with on your computer. Click ok to close the window and verify it updated appropriately in the Port Configurations Section. Then click done.

This should setup your dongle for use in Vixen. Just as a note if you work in Vixen without your dongle connected you might get messages about the Com port not found, but they can be ignored as you know your dongle is not connected.

Offline memphislights

Re: Com Port Com1 not found
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, »
Don't forget to set channels for the preview and Enttec Pro DMX plugin ( 1 to 512 )

Also check out the Wiki You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's not about more, it's about enough.