Author Topic: update on the LightShow Pro site issue...  (Read 1001 times)

Offline djohnson

update on the LightShow Pro site issue...
« on: September 29, 2011, »
some people just have nothing better to do,
one of them blessed my forum earlier this week...

As part of the attack the forum primary header template was compromised to include a popup that attempted to load a pdf file that included malware.
the pdf was hosted on the hackers website and had a random generated name. (as long as you do not open the pdf, all is good... but in fact, Im not sure what the pdf files are as no scanners can detect anything in them, possibly a new threat or pdf exploit)

Regardless, I have repaired the exploit and am continuing to harden the hosting environment.

All files that we distribute have been scanned for viruses but as you may know, because of the exploit, google indexing spider has flagged LightShowPro.com as a security risk. I am working to remediate the issue with Google.

I apologize for the alarm and inconvenience and am working to ensure that it does not happen again.

Although the immediate risk has beed addressed, we are under high-sensitivity and reviewing a complete security audit. should you encounter anything odd, please do not hesitate to contact us at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login so that we can review.

thank you,
 David
 LightShow Pro

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: update on the LightShow Pro site issue...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, »
Glad you are getting it under control. Them %$%% hackers! it sucks but at least your back functional. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: update on the LightShow Pro site issue...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, »
I've had sites compromised before, twice by islamic terrorist organizations from indonesia ... and I finally got the php.ini and other obscure settings set to avoid that ... what a pain!!!  Once they actually just defaced the site, the second time the deleted every file on the site ... luckily, there was a recent full backup I just restored to.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login