Author Topic: Transformer substitution required for 240v modification?  (Read 1462 times)

Offline pHoZfoRus

I am not sure if I am reading it right, but the equipment page on the wiki states that the SSR4-DMX is not 240v compatible (dimmable).  On the Lynx Voltage info page in the wiki, it states that the SSR4-DMX is 240v compatible with a 240v transformer and different resistors required.

I have read through most of the SSR posts and have noted that there may or may not be firmware for 50hz.  As I do not have a Freestyler,  the Appendix A voltage modification does not appear to be for me.

Will it be similar to the substitution that was required in the Lynx Splitter (Digi-Key Part Number 567-1019-ND)?

Can someone please point me in the right direction to identify the correct parts that need substitution and/or if this will be possible if the firmware is not available?

Russell

Offline kevr

• Little Gem Lights
Hi Russell

As far as I know there is no firmware for us folks downunder on 50Hz supply, I have a few made up ready to go when (hopefully) it will show up.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Kev :-)
Grandad get the lights ready

Offline pHoZfoRus

Thanks Kev - it looks like I might go down the same path.

Did you end up substituting the transformer?  I am tempted to go ahead and order the same as I did for the splitter as the power traces look to match pending any other advice that may turn up.

Russell

Offline kevr

• Little Gem Lights
I haven't done anything about the transformer as yet, what were you looking at?

Kev :-)
Grandad get the lights ready