Hardware > Lynx EtherDongle

Multiple EtherDongle same network

(1/2) > >>

hbomb341:
Thinking about my setup this morning - can you run multiple EtherDongle on the same network running DIFFERENT shows?  Since it is multicast ... I may just be missing something here.

Harrison

RJ:
Explain what you are doing?  Do you mean two totally seperate seqences with duplicate channels?

RJ

hbomb341:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginExplain what you are doing?  Do you mean two totally seperate seqences with duplicate channels?

RJ

--- End quote ---

Thought is 2 different shows - 1 network.  2 show systems, 2 EtherDongle.

If we want to get geekie - My show (Location A) - My neighbors show (Location B) but are the same network (same subnet - broadcast domain). 

The simple / easy fix is use different pixelnet universe (My show 1 & 2 - neighbors 3 & 4) but as I grow .... this is where the conductor and slave will do well.

Harrison

jeffcoast:
As long as each has its own IP then I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Although, maybe you and your neighbor could work your shows together, like Jim is doing.

RJ:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginAs long as each has its own IP then I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Although, maybe you and your neighbor could work your shows together, like Jim is doing.

--- End quote ---

E1.31 is multicast so the ip does not matter. anything in the same broadcast domain will see the data.

RJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version