Author Topic: Multiple Dongles  (Read 953 times)

Offline mitch09

Multiple Dongles
« on: October 03, 2011, »
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but here goes...

Is it possible to run Lynx DMX dongle on one USB port (feeding Lynx Express) and then run Lynx pixelnet dongle (feeding SStrings) on another USB port?

My pixelnet hub probably won't be located near my first Lynx Express and would require quite a run of cat5 to get to it(not impossible) and would prefer not to run such a distance across my house.

Will LSP output to both simultaneously?

Ryan

Offline caretaker

Re: Multiple Dongles
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, »
Short quick answer = Yes   Since each dongle uses a different IRQ and serial port on your computer LSP will recognize as many as you have com ports for. 
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, »
if you run them off a usb hub - i recommend a powered hub so you dont have probs - that is what i am going to do if etherdongle dont make it before christmas etc....

Myk

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, »
Should be no problem, assuming your computer has the spare USB ports already.

I know that in certain versions of windows (I've seen in in Windows7) -- that you sometimes have to disable to power-save on the USB ports, or it'll go ON and OFF ... and basically be unreliable.  The fix is documented in the forums here already -- the symptoms are a USB port that disappears after being left on a certain amount of time ... usually when the computer isn't being used.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, »
Set each to a different universe