Hardware > Lynx EtherDongle

network use of the EtherDongle.

(1/3) > >>

chrisatpsu:
just to get a clear answer...

A.) Does the computer communicate with the EtherDongle via a normal computer data network? IP4 (or IP6)

B.) If the answer is yes, can the EtherDongle receive it's data from the computer via a wireless network (G, or even N), or is bandwidth an issue?

C.) can multiple EtherDongles reside on the same network while being able to control different channels?

rrowan:

a - unsure or doesn't apply - e.131 is a multicast protocol that gets broadcast over your network and the etherdongle "listens" for the info it needs to work.

b - yes - large number of data can always be a bandwidth issue

c - yes

clear as mud?

Rick R.

chrisatpsu:
so...

A.) the EtherDongle sits on a computer network and waits to "listen" for something sent to it.

A1.) with the device using multicast, would it be recommended to NOT use the same network that I would use to, for example, access the internet?

B.) if it's possible to receive data from the computer via a wireless router, could I run my EtherDongle outside to have my pixelnet Not physically wired to the computer? (for example across the street, as long as I had good wireless signal?

murky water, but not mud :  )

rrowan:
 a - yes

a1 - unless someone can figure out how to hack your network and send out e1.31 info the etherdongle would ignore anything else

b - yes but I don't know how reliable it would be, better wait for the conductor/slave boards to hugely cut down the bandwidth require to run a remote show

Rick R.

chrisatpsu:
A1.) I just meant, would running a multicast effect other network traffic, (like streaming video, downloading a file, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version