Author Topic: Compatibility with Vixen 2.5.0.8?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline sirwesley

• Sirwesley.com
Compatibility with Vixen 2.5.0.8?
« on: October 10, 2011, »
Is xLights compatible with Vixen files created with version 2.5.0.8? 

I manage my channels with the "Manage" Profile option in Vixen, so my channels get rearranged from year to year. 
I get everything working just the way I like it in Vixen then go to run the .vix files in xLights 2011b.

I finally got it all configured and hit play, but some of my channels aren't quite right, and I suspect it is based on how the "Manage" Profile rearranges things. Not 100% on that, but I can't see what else might cause it. 

What's odd, is I even tried to flatten the profile to the sequence thinking that would help get things straight, but for some reason, some stuff is just off when xLights. 

For example, I have one channel that is on the duration of the sequence, however, with xLights, it is never turned on. 

Anyone have any ideas on this?  Any good checklist to make sure my Vixen 2.5.0.8 files will work with xLights?  Should I use a different version of Vixen?
-Wesley
Winston Salem - NC

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
Re: Compatibility with Vixen 2.5.0.8?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, »
There is a downgrade convertor over at Vixenlights.org that will change your 2.5.x files back into 2.1.x files. Forget exactly where it is, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

\dmc

Offline sirwesley

• Sirwesley.com
Re: Compatibility with Vixen 2.5.0.8?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, »
Thanks for the suggestion.  Found the downgrade executable here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-Wesley
Winston Salem - NC