Author Topic: Explanation Please  (Read 941 times)

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
Explanation Please
« on: October 10, 2011, »
Can someone please explain to me what X-lights is and how it works with my Vixen Software to make my lights go blinky blinky?  I've read most of the threads but really need the water downed, newbie, deer in the headlights, explanation.  >.d9

Thanks,
Freebird
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Explanation Please
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, »
In a nut shell, Its a scheduler for your vixen sequence (LOR, renard, and others) for your light show

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, »
xLights schedules your shows. Every sequencing program, including Vixen, comes with an ability to create and schedule a show. xLights just gives you some additional playback options. You might consider using xLights if:
  • If you use Zara radio to play music before or after your show. xLights can schedule music playlists as well as sequences.
  • If you have an interactive show where you incorporate feed back to change the play order. xLights' scripting ability makes this possible.
  • If you want the first sequence in your show to play just once at the beginning or the last item to play once at the end.
  • If you want to run Linux on your show PC - xLights runs on Linux too.

xLights has additional advantages for people who sequence using LOR, but the reasons above apply to anyone sequencing with Vixen. Cheers,

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, »
Awesome.. Thanks.  I thought I was missing something about sequencing help. 
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!