Author Topic: LSP2 Locked-up when enable output and and play the sequence  (Read 1735 times)

Offline dannyct

I'm having a problem with LSP2 locking up when "enable" the output and play the sequence.

Here is what I did:
    1. Enable the output.
    2. Play the output (DMX signal was sent to Lynx express, but there was a huge delay), so then
    3. I click on the "Stop" button, at this point, LSP2 lockup and would not response.

I end-up using the "End Task" to force close LSP2.

Please help!!!

I have tested all three controllers using the LSP feature (right click on controller and go to to test Controller hardware).  Everything was working in hardware test mode. 

What is going on.  I just purchased this software yesterday.  I hope i'm not wasting my money on this. 

Please help!!!!

My Setup Info as follows:

Windows 7 64bit
    LSP2 - 2.0.11271.743
    3 Lynx Express
    Lynx Dongle

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
What controller are you adding in LSP?  Should be Enttec DMX Pro Based Device.  Have you tried the hardware controller test?  Right-click on the controller and select Test Contorller Hardware.  Also, try and optimize your sequence first.  Right-click on the audio layer, select Maintainance Tools and select optimize entire sequence. Almost all of the time LSP will start responding again, but may take sometime.

Offline dannyct

Yes, as I mentioned in my post earlier, I have tested using the "Test Controller Hardware" from LSP2.  All channels are up and response to the test.

Just did it with optimize the sequence.

No luck. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What controller are you adding in LSP?  Should be Enttec DMX Pro Based Device.  Have you tried the hardware controller test?  Right-click on the controller and select Test Contorller Hardware.  Also, try and optimize your sequence first.  Right-click on the audio layer, select Maintainance Tools and select optimize entire sequence. Almost all of the time LSP will start responding again, but may take sometime.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
I wonder if you are using the most current build.  v2_0_11268_2059

Offline dannyct

I'm using "LSP2 - 2.0.11271.743" (at least that is what the LSP telling me, when I go to "About" to check on the version

I just purchased yesterday, installed and ran the update.

Offline dannyct

I'm using "LSP2 - 2.0.11271.743" (at least that is what the LSP telling me, when I go to "About" to check on the version

I just purchased yesterday, installed and ran the update.

I did it!!!

The following steps should fix the locking up problem when click on STOP & PAUSE:
1. Right Click on Controller Bar
2. Go to "Configure Controller Output Plug-in"
3. Under Effect Refresh (it was on 30) I changed it to 320.

And that should fix with locking-up when click on STOP & PAUSE.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, by dannyct »

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
What is the speed of your machine?  Have you tried other values like 60?

Offline dannyct

I have Q6600 2.8Ghz Quadcore.

I have tried lower values, the lower I go, the problem starting to come back again. 

I also noted that, when I set the value at 160 - LSP locking-up when I press the PAUSE botton.  The stop button works fine at this value.

Therefore, I increased the value to 320 and the PAUSE and STOP button are now working perfectly.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, by dannyct »

Offline dannyct

I'm not sure at what value should work best.  I've tried with 200 and it works fine when press the stop and pause.

I guess, I need to spend sometime to try others values.

Any suggestion?

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Not really sure.  The values are much higher than normal.  Typically between 30 and 60 works well.  It sounds like an issue with your com port, but not sure how to best troubleshoot that.

Offline keitha43

At 30 which is the default, the stop works for me but the pause causes lockups. I have an extremely fast alienware laptop I am testing with.

Offline dannyct

Not really sure.  The values are much higher than normal.  Typically between 30 and 60 works well.  It sounds like an issue with your com port, but not sure how to best troubleshoot that.

So, is there a downside for setting value so higher up?